Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Regan5457 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 01:05 PM
    I want a bunny
    I want a bunny I never told my mom I wanted a bunny yet I am scared of what she is going too say. I bet she is going to say you have too many animals I have 2 dogs 5 cats 2 ponies 6 chinkens 2 goats and one is going to have a baby next year:D 1 bird only 2 animals live in the house. I take care of then all by myself.:(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 01:46 PM

Only your mother knows if you have too many animals - and she won't say yes or no until you ask her. In the meantime, here is a site about the care of rabbits. Can you handle these "chores" in addition to the other animals?

How old are you?

How to Care for Rabbits | The Humane Society of the United States

Until you read this info you are in no position to have a rabbit. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ns-356958.html
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 02:22 PM

Rabbits aren't simple pets to own. They have unique needs and if those needs aren't met not only are they in danger of becoming ill, or dying, but they won't be pleasant to have around.

The cost of the cage and rabbit are the least of your expenses. A healthy rabbit needs to be spayed or neutered at 6 months of age or you will cut their life span considerably. The operation isn't cheap and most vets don't specialize in rabbits, so you'll have to search for one that does.

Also, rabbits are social animals, they need interaction. With all the animals you're already caring for when will you have time to spend with the bunny?

Wanting something and being responsible for something are two very different things. I want more animals too, but I know I'm at my capacity otherwise some of the animals I already have will pay the price because my time is already stretched.

Bunnies are adorable, who doesn't love a baby bunny, but they aren't for novice owners, that's why so many of them are relinquished every day.

I also noticed one of your other posts on the pets forum where someone asked about their bunny, you didn't have the answer to that simple question which shows me you're not ready for rabbit ownership.

Be happy with the animals you have, enjoy them, you have your hands full enough already.

Good luck.
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 28, 2009, 03:53 PM
    As JudyKay mentioned you'll never know what your mom is going to say until you ask her but I also think that you have too many animals right now to care for a rabbit.

Rabbits need lots of attention otherwise you'll have to get it a friend but then you'll have to get them spayed.
    You have so many animals, I doubt you'll be able to care for a rabbit properly.
    And as Altenweg said caring for a bunny takes a lot of money.

Good Luck!:)

Joy
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jul 29, 2009, 12:53 PM

I had the same problem as you. My parents told me I had too many pets. I have 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 hamsters, and 2 fish.

But after a lot of convincing and me doing a lot of research on rabits. I told my parents the truth. And I clearly explained why I wanted a rabbit. I then wrote a list of pros and cons, of onwing a rabbit.

I now own a 13week old mini lop/mini rex mix bunny named Blaze.
    Regan5457 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 04:14 PM
    I am 15 and I know a bunny is a lot of work my friend had a bunny and it ran away
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Regan5457 View Post
    I am 15 and And I know a bunny is a lot of work my friend had a bunny and it ran away
    And that taught you what?
    abi29 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:27 AM

You never know the anser until you ask, so I thnk you should ask. You may think you have to many pets, but your mum might not. If she says it is too much money, ask if it could be a birthday presant and christmas presant combined. That nearly always works.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 02:37 AM

I have 3 rabbits in 2 enclosures and it takes me one hour everyday just to clean them out, not to mention actually spending time with them.
    They are very time consuming little fluff balls.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Regan5457 View Post
    I am 15 and And I know a bunny is a lot of work my friend had a bunny and it ran away

How does a rabbit which is well care for (which includes protecting the rabbit from predators) run away?

I know you SAY you are 15 but you don't sound 15 on your threads.
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    How does a rabbit which is well care for (which includes protecting the rabbit from predators) run away?

I know you SAY you are 15 but you don't sound 15 on your threads.
    Had to spread the rep Judy.

I agree. My son sounds much more mature and he's 10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does BUNNY mean? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Bunny, I do not know its meaning. Tell

My bunny again. [ 5 Answers ]

So well... My rabbit is pulling out a lot of fur, and making a nest with it, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT, as she hasn't been around a male for at least 4 months. Im not worried about the whole nest thing, its about how much hair she is taking out! Half her cage is complete hair! Also I don't know if I...

Bunny Rabbit [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, as some of you know my rabbit became unfriendly a while back... she is not pregnant. But she goes through times where she is simply Just rude! She is maybe 5 pounds... she hid behind our couch nad when my little brother walked by attacked him! She gets treats he runs around everythign and...

My bunny is sick [ 5 Answers ]

Help me. I've been crying my eyes out for hours. Today I just found out that my bunny has like a small lump on his neck and he has hair loose. I just noticed it today and during this month he also was very sleepy and didn't eat a lot and drink. I'm worried and id ont think I can afford a vet right...

Bunny won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a bunny at this fair yesterday. The lady that gave me her said that if she didn't get rid of her bunnys that she was going to kill them. So she gave me one now I have this animal I know anothing about want to learn more.. I have not noticed her eat or drink at all.. she was man handled...

View more questions Search