Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 12:32 PM

You can't change your name from the original one you chose.
    Hopefully she doesn't know this site exists
    morgan duncan Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Jul 29, 2009, 12:36 PM

Ya your probably right. I hate this paranoid feeling this whole thing is giving me! Thanks for the scripture. I think I learned more of Gods word in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 12:38 PM

I have it up to remind myself that nothing is in my hands. We're going through a custody battle right now with my husband's ex-wife which has just taken a very sharp turn, but thankfully it's in our favor.

I used to get paranoid too, that she would find this site and somehow use it against us. But then again, nothing I've said here isn't true so she has nothing to complain about.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan duncan View Post
    Thank you very much cadillac59 for your info. I'm trying to stay calm and collected. I really don't care about the restraining order except that I don't want it to affect my ability to get joint custody. There really isn't much at stake except our son. He is whats most important. We just barely bought a house and all we really own is a bunch of second hand furniture and a lot of debt. What impact do you think it will have on the divorce concerning my wife taking our computers, our camera, and emptying out our bank accounts before she left? What do you think my chances are that I will be able to return to the home. She is not living there and I don't thnik she intends to return there either.
    I had a case recently where I represented a mom on a TRO, the parties went to mediation and agreed to joint custody. The judge granted the restraining order (I think for 3 years) but allowed the joint custody. And it was a true 50-50 timeshare. It worked out fine for the dad and he didn't care about the restraining order anyway.

Don't worry so much. Everything's going to be fine.

Jul 29, 2009, 09:13 PM
    I guess that wouldn't be so bad. We could always go back to court later to get the restraining order lifted if that's what she wanted to do. I still have hope for my marriage but My son is more important to me right now. I can't change my wife, only she can do that.

Jul 30, 2009, 07:41 AM
    When I go to court and tell the Judge that my wife isn't living in the home. What are the chances that I will get to move back in? I'm going to state that I have been unemployed for 3 months and that I was the primary caretaker for my son during that time. Do you think that the judge will grant this even if she claims that she is living there? How can I take further action if she lies and says she is living there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraing order [ 2 Answers ]

MY Ex husband was sent to jail for hitting me and my son, i have restraing order on him, he some how got a hold of my email and my cell # and was harrasing me, I panicked and I didn't save anything I deletedm mY email and quickly changed my number I was in a very abusive marriage with this person...

Legal, Go a restraing order on my bank acct. I didn't pay a bill or show up in court [ 2 Answers ]

I owed a bill for $200.00 and didn't pay after court. I missed my court date and now The lawyer has put a restraing order on my bank account. I would like to pay the money. What do I do now/

Restraing order Neighbor has on ex husband [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so here it is. I have these nieghbors. She has a restraining order on her ex husband. But she lets him live there. When she gets mad she calls the cops and says he showed up and was violating the restraining order. When all the neighbors know and maintenance people that work at the complex know...

False allegation of Domestic Violence [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently charged with domestic violence. I think the whole thing is ridiculous as I got into an argument with my girlfriend that could have been avoided. The state is very strict with these laws. I think there were mistakes on both sides, but they chose to remove me from my apartment. My...

View more questions Search