Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    standouglas Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 11:03 PM
    Moving out of state; can I take insurance?
    Hi,

I'm getting an individual policy through the guaranteed issue clause right now, and am wondering if I will be able to keep my plan if and when I move out of state. I have a preexisting condition, so I will be rejected for individual plans, and I read that you only get the guaranteed issue once after coming out of a group plan. So, to summarize, I'm worried that I'll get a plan now and when I move in a couple years, the plan will not be transmittable and then I will not be able to even get a plan where I'm going. I'm self-employed so I don't foresee getting a job that will give me a group plan.
    Basically, I'm asking if there are any companies that sell individual plans that are transmittable when you move from state to state...
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Check with your insurer to see if a) they do business in the new state or b) have an affiliate in the new state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Ncp moving out of state, travel expenses? [ 2 Answers ]

I have full physical custody but my ex may be moving out of state and wants me to pay for half of plane tickets if he does. I won't stop him from moving but I don't feel it is fair for me to have to pay half the expense as he wants her to fly to visit quite often. Does anyone know how CA courts...

Will Insurance Cover In My State? [ 1 Answers ]

I am contemplating taking a job in VA. However, I live in WV. Will the new company's plan (Blue Cross) be accepted at the physicians we use here in WV? Thanks for any input.

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

View more questions Search