Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VenusABC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Bumped into my ex boyfriend
    The other day I bumped into my ex boyfriend. I hadn't seen him for years although he is in my Facebook friend, I never really check what he is up to.
    Anyway, we bumped into each other by chance, I saw him first and stopped and said hello, I hope I never did.
    We started talking, or better HE started talking, he spoke NON-STOP for about 2 hours (no joke) bragging about his amazing life, girlfriend, job etc - why did I stay and listen? Part of me was curious to know what was going on in his life, part of me is masochist but another part of me wanted to walk away. I stayed also because I wanted to get some info about his business and he said he was waiting for someone who could help me in a project (where his company would have made some money too, obviously).
    What bothered me the most? The fact that he bragged so much about all the nice things he has, the nice apartments he bought around the world, how successful he is, how successful his girlfriend is etc... but why he had to tell me? Maybe he just told me a whole bunch of BS to annoy the heck out of me? If that was his purpose he totally won.

Don't get me wrong, there is no lingering attraction, I am actually engaged to the most caring, considerate, sweet guy on the planet... me and my ex boyfriend had absolutely nothing in common (he is not even good looking), and plus we had a pretty bad break up (so bad that he stopped talking to me for awhile, plus a couple of years later he claimed he was not totally over me yet).

Anyway, he was so weird during the whole converation, he kept on sitting on the floor, getting up, then sitting again... then getting up.. I told him he seemed so restless, and he took out the excuse that his back hurt.

Why am I writing on here? Because I am annoyed as hell! I am annoyed because he is so lucky, his life seems so perfect... yes, I said SEEMS, because I know that if I got closer or into his life I would probably find out that nothing is as great as he tried to show... but I need someone to confirm that :( --- why he is so lucky and I am not ? He got a great working company, I got laid off - he got houses all around the world and I am getting kicked out of my little apartment... why life isn't fair? HE doesn't deserve it.

Anyway... we all know life is not fair... I am just so annoyed that I don't know what to do, I just want to vent.

Thanks for listening :eek:
    bella99 Posts: 150, Reputation: 37

Jul 28, 2009, 09:03 AM

It seems like he was just trying to impress you or make you jealous of the life he has. I doubt its anywhere as good as he is saying. He just wants you to "see what you're missing". It also seems like he was incredibly nervous seeing you again. He may still not be totally over you.

I don't think you have anything to miss or be jealous of. You mention that you have are engaged to a great person - you are obviously a lucky lady. You and your ex split up for a reason, and you found a new better guy. No need to worry about the ex or how he acted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend vs ex sort of boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I've like this guy for 8 - 10 months his name was lets say Scott. Scott and I never actually went out but we liked each other. Said ' I love you' and held hands did what normal couples would do. He didn't ask because he wanted to be 100% sure if out relationship would last. I liked him a lot...

Ex boyfriend or new boyfriend? [ 7 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend just broke up with me about a week ago anndd I just found out that he still likes me but I don't know what to do because he already has a girlfriend and I also just found out that another guy{i have liked for about a year now}likes me and wants to ask me out but I have no idea...

Bumped into the ex girlfriend last night! [ 15 Answers ]

Now then; a week on from being dumped. How has my week gone? Rather well actually. I had soul searched and pretty much recognised what a person I had become, i.e. not the person I was when we met. Not one about of crying since I left her house. There was a very quick 180 degree change in...

My ex girlfriend bumped into my parents today [ 13 Answers ]

My parents told me that they bumped into my ex girlfriend and her mom at the store today. My mom said they were trying to hide in the aisle, but they eventually caught up with each other at the checkout. My ex said hi and I guess she asked if I hated her because I haven't called her since the break...

Bumped into thermostat, now no AC... [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, I know little to nothing about thermostats, but was wondering if anyone could help me. I was wrestling a friend in the hall and we bumped into the thermostat the other night. Now it doesn't cool at all. The fan works properly, nothing is frozen up outside, so I think I bumped a wire...

View more questions Search