Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sakamai Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Looking for a Marvel Character
    I remember reading this comic forever ago. The comic itself was sort of following the life of this kid who's father left. One day he just kind of stumbles onto his 'powers'. All I can remember for details, is the main character has blonde hair, his out fit is this blue shirt with stars on it, and he has these (golden?) armbands that when put together form a translator. So far he goes around the universe to different worlds but I can't remember much more than that. The comic is pretty present (1990s to 2000s). Please, please help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 11:59 AM

Does this site help?
    Golden Age Comics
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Jul 31, 2009, 04:19 PM
    You could be talking about the character Quasar. Here is a link to his photo and bio.

File:Quasar.jpg - Marvel Comics Database

Also, check for Captain Marvel.

File:Civil War The Return 1B.jpg - Marvel Comics Database

Jul 31, 2009, 04:40 PM

I think Quasar might be it, the only thing is, the comic I read the character was a teenager and instead of the cape it was actually a shirt. Of what I looked at it isn't him. Thanks so much for your help though!

Jul 31, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quasar isn't it, though it's the closest so far. The comic I read depicted the main character as a teenager and he wasn't wearing a cape or suit or anything. Just a t-shirt that had stars on it. So far Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) is the closest. The resemblance is uncanny.
    breakdownbrand Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Perhaps a young Adam Warlock?
    dashleyb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
    It sounds like Nova. I just can't remember if Nova was a Marvel or DC character. If your guy had half a gold helmet that talked to him in almost computer pidgin (maybe that was your translation device instead of armbands) that might be him. The troubled teen hero found the helmet and when he put it on,he became Nova. He later found out that there were many such helmets belonging to an elite cosmic organization of "cops". He also became Nova Supreme or something in later comics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Character Ref. [ 4 Answers ]

How do you go about asking people for a character reference letter w/o telling someone the reason? "That you don't want to go to Jail!" My friend from the earlier post, "identity theft, probation or jail?", was told by a lawyer that is she could get character letters from people and send them to...

Need a name for a character [ 12 Answers ]

If anyone can help please help soon! I'm writing a script and I need a character name. She's a young girl around 15/16. Very pretty. She is very passionate and is ignorant of her extreme power. She is witty and full of fire....I was thinking something like Shea, or Kyri but they seemed to plain...

How do I get this character [ 16 Answers ]

Its like a 1 but with the line at the top pointing horizontally left Or Rotate an L by 180 degrees and it looks like that

What's the name of this Character? [ 6 Answers ]

As I was rummaging through the basement today, I came across an action figure that I haven't seen in years. I don't recall where I got it, and I don't regognize it. It's a man (or manlike creature) with green, metallic skin. Its got pointed ears and a black mustache that reaches from its nose to...

View more questions Search