Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewhitlock83 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Jul 28, 2009, 06:39 AM
    Troubles with Dating
    I'm sorry, this really has nothing to do with a specific question, but I just wanted to throw some randomness out into the world.

WHY IN GODS NAME IS DATING SO FRICKIN COMPLICATED??

Why can't people just be honest about how they feel? What are we so scared of? Yes getting hurt sucks, we all know this. But we have also ALL been hurt once in our pasts, and come on, did it kill us? No! We moved on, we got over it. Broken hearts don't last forever, despite the sometimes emo responses people have to getting hurt, myself included.

Just think about this. How many people are there in the world? Okay, how many of the opposite sex (or same if that is your preference)? Why do we worry so much that that one specific person will shoot us down? I believe in love, don't get me wrong. But I ALSO believe that there is the possibility for love with MILLIONS of people out there. I do NOT believe in "The One". There isn't just one person out there for us. There's the one person we eventually end up with, yes, but think of it this way. If you had never met your current spouse, do you really believe you would have wound up alone?! NO!! You would have met someone else that you were compatible with, and wound up with them! So what are we scared of??

Sorry, just some random questions to throw out into the void. If you feel like responding feel free, if not, and if you have dating issues, I just hope you think about what I wrote.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 08:04 AM

You could be right that people are scared. I think it's a trust issue. That's why we recommend that people take things slow, so as you get more comfortable with each other, it will be easier.

However, that being said, even if you take it slow, both of you have to feel something for each other to move forward. So if you feel that there are too many minds games, no progress and cannot be open/direct with each other, then chances are that person isn't interested. It's not a question of being scared.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 08:29 AM

The cool thing about dating: it isn't complicated unless you make it complicated.

The bad thing: most people don't understand that!

Just have fun, relax and enjoy. My motto to dating in general.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating lots of people or dating only one? [ 17 Answers ]

Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?

Cat Troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have two male cats and I made the mistake of bring a female around them. My two males started fighting each other now all my male cats do is fight they won't be around each other and they have to stay in different rooms! They used to love each other before I brung the female into my house! What...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search