Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicbee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 05:49 AM
    No period for 3 months, not pregnant.
    Hi everyone,

My name is nikki, and I'm 21. I have been going around in my head for weeks wondering what is wrong with me .PLEASE HELP!
    Here's my story...

I fell pregnant in march, and had an abortion(please don't judge me) op was on April 14th.

Since then I have had NO period to date, been back to the hospital where had op, 2 month from op when period still did not come, as was thinking post op infection? They sent me away and did not listen to my worries...

Still I have had NO period since, I haven't had intercourse since-no chances of being pregnant-but of course as we do we worry and I took 3! All as expected were negative.

It is 3 months on and I am petrified something is seriously wrong with me. The doctor won't listen to me and did no tests when I went and said wait longer-i know insane!and I'm going crazy wondering what is going on. I'm now too scared to go back to a doctor, I'm alone and really worrying.

No body changes, maybe a bit of bloating and gas actually-everything else as normal!

Can anyone help at all, however minor you may think your opinion may be.. please get in touch, as it will mean A lot to me!
    ANY ADVICE.
    Thank you
    ewhitlock83 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Jul 28, 2009, 05:54 AM

Okay first question. Did you bleed a lot immediately after the surgery? That's common, you feel like you are having a VERY heavy period for the first 5 days or so. Also, it can take upwards of a YEAR to start having a period again after having an abortion. I'm sorry to make light of your fears but, I agree with your doctors. It takes time for your body to resume natural functions after an invasive surgery like abortion. Give it some time.

Jul 28, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhitlock83 View Post
    Okay first question. Did you bleed a lot immediately after the surgery? That's common, you feel like you are having a VERY heavy period for the first 5 days or so. Also, it can take upwards of a YEAR to start having a period again after having an abortion. I'm sorry to make light of your fears but, I agree with your doctors. It takes time for your body to resume natural functions after an invasive surgery like abortion. Give it some time.
    Thank you for taking the time to write back with you advice. Answering your question, I didn't bleed after the abortion at all. I'm probably over worrying then. Thank you so much. Sometimes you just need someone else to tell you it's normal.
    ewhitlock83 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Jul 28, 2009, 06:03 AM
    I understand. Some people will look down on you for what you did but, keep your head up! Pro-life activists don't understand what it's like to be pregnant and without resources, and deciding to have an abortion is one of the hardest things you'll ever do in your life. Good luck and feel free to update me on how you are doing!

Jul 28, 2009, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhitlock83 View Post
    I understand. Some people will look down on you for what you did but, keep your head up! Pro-life activists don't understand what it's like to be pregnant and without resources, and deciding to have an abortion is one of the hardest things you'll ever do in your life. Good luck and feel free to update me on how you are doing!
    Thank you so much! I will.
    Take care x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No period for 4 months but not pregnant? [ 16 Answers ]

Ok here it is my best friend who I have known for 18 years at least ( since we were 2) has not had her period in 4 months but every time she takes a pregnancy test it comes up negative.. how can that be.. I mean she is a little on the heavy side and I am really concerned.. I try and try to make her...

No period for 2 months and not pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am getting a little worried I have not had a period for 2 months and have done 3 pregnancy test and all came back negative. I am always been regular. I have notice I haven't had interest in wanting sex. What's going on with me please help me to ease my mind. I called the doctor office and...

No period for nearly two months. Am I pregnant? [ 19 Answers ]

We have been trying for a baby since July and the first day of my last period was 21st September. My boobs were sore a couple of weeks ago and I have had some strange feelings to the left of my belly button, but apart from that, no other symptoms. I can't tell if my boobs have got bigger or not....

No period for 2 months and not pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

The last time I had my period was March 22nd. Nothing in April and nothing in May. I went to the Dr. for a pregnancy test, that came back negative, so they did a blood test for pregnancy. That was also negative. I have been off the pill since late October/November time, and since then my periods...

View more questions Search