Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jul 27, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Self Health Care
    We have talked a lot about the new health care etc. I have learned a lot more about health care in Canada since this all started. To the Canadian Nurses. Do people just learn to take care of problems themselves? Do you have a lot of Alternative care in Canada? In southeastern Pa. in the US there is a large population of Amish, Mennonite, and Dutch who use lots of Alternative care. They use regular Medical care too, I guess because it is available. But I would like to know, what do you do when you can't see a Doctor? And are there lots of midwives? Do the Nurses do a lot of health care and preventive medicine? What is it like to be a Canadian Nurse?

Aug 2, 2009, 05:50 PM

Addendum: I hope I did not say anything that would be insulting. The best Nurse I ever had was a Traveling nurse from Canada we hired for 3 Months and I recommended her so often I hope she is still in the US. I see a chiropractor on a regular basis, have had an evaluation by an Iridologist that was 100% right on I forget the name of the foot and hand massager I had but I loved that I believe it kept me feeling energetic and well for years.. (I live in NY now and can't find one.) In other words I love alternative care and hope you enjoy it too but I know the farther north in the US you get, the less you see of it. That was the partial reason for asking. It seems it would be the natural way to go for health care if it is available and for most things, a better way to go.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 06:02 AM

I know most if not all the Canadians on this site say they have no problem with health care and we are believing stuff that is not true about Canadian health care system.

Whether in the US or Canada I believe the alternative is the best way to go for most people. The US has its health care problems too like pushing drugs on people that only mask their symptoms and cause worse side effects. When we have a health problem it is not due to a deficiency of a drug. It is an imbalance or deficiency of nutrients and natural things.
    People choose to believe the doctors know more about health than 'you have this symptom so you get statin' 'you have high blood pressure so you get cumadin'
    I wish people would realize that alternatives actually can get to the root of the problem.

KYTO (sp?) is trying to make alternative remedies by prescription only or even ban them. I hope they don't get away with it or my health will go rapidly.

Aug 3, 2009, 07:13 AM
    [QUOTE=N0help4u;1899141]I know most if not all the Canadians on this site say they have no problem with health care and we are believing stuff that is not true about Canadian health care system.

Whether in the US or Canada I believe the alternative is the best way to go for most people

I agree 100%. I loved Health Care in Southern Pennsylvania. You had both Alternative and Medical and Osteopathic and Midwifery. I worked in a big Hospital there. The used Osteopathic Doctors right along with regular Doctors. It was nice not to have to watch what you say about alternative care or chiropractors or your supplements. It was all included in your health care history as a part of your care.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 07:15 AM

What part of SW PA are you in neighbor?:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Health Care [ 5 Answers ]

Dog Health | Caring for Dogs and Puppies This site has a large range of articles concerning common problems and questions ranging from common health problems to what to do if your dog is hit by a car. I thought it would be a good idea to put this up.

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Health care [ 4 Answers ]

Elements of communication Barriers of communication

View more questions Search