Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimbetsie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Heath ins.
    I am in NC. And on medicare for 8+ years. My problem is I can't afford to pay my 20%. And of course if I can't afford 20% I can't afford a premium. So now I have no primary care Doctor. Any suggestions or ideas what I can do.Are there any government programs other than Medicade because I don't qualify for that either
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 08:02 PM

No, often one can't afford not to have a medicare suppliment. Are you over 65 or on the underage medicare.

You may also talk with varoius doctors and see if you can find one that will work out payments on the 20 percent
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 08:10 AM

You may be able to get assistance from your state. Many states offer programs to help low income Medicare recipients pay some or all of the premiums when they exceed Medicaid guidelines. Each state decides the qualifications of the programs.

Here are a link worth checking into:

Medicare Premium Assistance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Woman's heath [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I want to know how many days does a woman ovulates .

16 emancipation and heath care. [ 8 Answers ]

I need health care and I'm on a tight budgit and I need to have heath care to get emancipated. Any good sugestions?

I need a good and low price heath insurance [ 3 Answers ]

I need a good and low price heath insurance

Mental Heath Facilities [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to get my brother in to a Mental Health Facility. Do we have to declare him "insane"? He's had a first ever mental breakdown, saying weird crazy stuff while on vacation. It just happened a few days ago.

Continuous Heath Insurance Coverage? [ 1 Answers ]

How important is maintaining continuous health coverage in the US? We are in Europe for 10 years on the social health system and are concerned it may be difficult to find individual coverage when we return Stateside. Is there any benefit to maintaining minimal continuous coverage in the US while we...

View more questions Search