Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DONSDESK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 06:15 PM
    220 Hook-up
    Hi,

I have stick welder I want to power but! I have no more room for any more circuit breakers in my electrical panel. What would you recommend I do?

Thanks!

Don :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 06:22 PM

Change a few circuits to a tandem breaker. Circuit Breakers - Tandem Breakers

Small sub-panel

Upgrade panel with one with more spaces
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:13 PM

As well as the suggestion above you could buy 1/2 inch breakers to replace some of the wider breakers to give you more space. Just make sure that you double pole breaker spans both 120 volt bars.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    As well as the suggestion above you could buy 1/2 inch breakers to replace some of the wider breakers to give you more space.
    That was the first suggestion KISS made.
    Most panels would use tandem/twin breakers. Panels like GE and FPE use individual skinny/thin 1/2" breakers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too many hook-ups [ 10 Answers ]

Recently I've been going to A lot of parties, and at every party there always seems to be a girl that wants to "hook-up." My friends cheer me on, but I don't think its right at all. But the oher night I "hooked-up" with a girl that I KNOW I wouldn't of if I wasn't under the influence and I am...

How do we hook this up? [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has DSL and was told that she needed a router to hook to her cable modem to use her computer in another room. There is no DSL connection in the other room. If I have to hook the router to the modem, how do I hook the cable from the router to the computer if the computer is in a different...

Hook up [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect a waterline for a frig. The copper pipe is sticking out of the wall how do I connect the water line

View more questions Search