Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aoconnor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Moving Washing Machine and Dryer
    I would like to build another room in the unfinished part of my basement BUT I would like to move my washing machine and dryer to another unfinished part so I can use the windows in the room and then only have to build 1 more wall. Does anybody know how far away the washing machine/dryer has to be from the electrical box, furnace and water heater?? As well... any idea how far away we would have to build the other wall from these same items?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 03:19 PM

Codes vary locally regarding furnaces and water heaters. To be accurate you need to ask your local building inspector this question. They can safely be in proximity but codes will address the exact distance. Is the dryer gas or electric? Do you have a GFCI circuit or receptacle for the washer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving washing machine in basement and adding sink [ 17 Answers ]

I've attached an image to describe the current layout as best I can. The above half is the current setup. The washing machine is connected by a gray flexible hose. At the connection point, that vertical section if pipe is about 2' long. It then elbows 90 degrees to the long horizontal run. ...

Kenmore washing machine won't drain after moving it [ 5 Answers ]

Sold machine it worked buyer says it won't drain water

Relocating washing machine and dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I'm attempting to relocate my washing machine and dryer to my garage. Technically I will be building out a portion of the garage so it will be climate controlled. I can handle the hot and cold water lines but I'm concerned about the drain. My neighbor was a general contractor and he thinks the...

Sewage smell in washing machine/dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I've had an ongoing problem with sewage backing up into the sink next to the washing machine. The sink was backing up to the point of overflow. So we raised the sink about 4 feet off the floor but there was still a little brown sludge flowing into the sink. A hose from the washing machine runs off...

View more questions Search