Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daisymay52309 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 01:27 PM
    How does a Restraining order work on a mother who has done nothing wrong?
    My question is can a father of a child put a restraining order on a mother who has done nothing wrong. And then have her arrested for her mom calling to see if she can come see her grandson.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 01:29 PM

Doubtful. He can go to court and try to get one, but if he has no cause, then it will be thrown out.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 01:34 PM

Hello D:

Instead of asking that way, why don't you tell us what happened and what you want to do about it?

excon
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Jul 27, 2009, 01:44 PM

It is very doubtful, but if he does try to get a restraining order against you, you will have the opportunity to contest it and appear in front of a judge before it is actually granted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

I am married and have an ex-"friend". My ex lives directly next door and will not leave me alone. I sent her a signed certified letter requesting that she stops calling me and cease all attemps to contact me. That worked for 2 months. She is at it again. Now what? Restraining order out of the...

Restraining order! [ 2 Answers ]

I got my bank account restrained by two different law firms; I planned to go ahead with an income execution if so will the restraining be lifted once I start making the payments? Also will any money go to a restrainer after a certain period? Thanks

Restraining order [ 17 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to file for a restraining order and do you have to have evidence as to why you need one? I broke up with my ex girlfriend back in July, for a while we kind of talked like friends, then she started dating some one who I though was a friend so I stop talking to her and...

Restraining order [ 5 Answers ]

I am currentlly with a man who is married but has been separated from his wife for 2 years. He is finally starting divorce proceedings. When he and his wife first separated she took out a restraining order to the effect that I cannot be around their 3 year old daughter. It has been almost 2...

Can I get a restraining order? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband talks to his exwife every few weeks, just a civil "hey how ya doing" kind of thing. I have no problem with this, as we all grew up going to the sames schools etc. His exwife is in a relationship... the relationship that ended her marriage to my husband (she cheated on him and is still...

View more questions Search