Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jag1149 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Taking Condo records out of state
    I live in a Condo in Williamson County, Texas. The President of our HOA lives part time in Iowa. He has some of the records of the HOA stord in his home in Iowa. Is this legal for him to do?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 10:48 AM

If you are seeking to inspect the records, I think you have the right to inspect them somewhere close to where the condo is located.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jag1149 View Post
    I live in a Condo in Williamson County, Texas. The President of our HOA lives part time in Iowa. He has some of the records of the HOA stord in his home in Iowa. Is this legal for him to do?

What does the condo charter (or bylaws) say? Is this question addressed? That's the first place to look.

How long a period is allowed between the request to review the records and providing the records?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:32 AM

Hello j:

Instead of asking just a yes or no question, why don't you tell us what problems you're having, and we'll tell you how best to deal with them...

Don't you worry. SOME of us here HATE those little gestapos known as HOA'S.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Taking son out of state [ 10 Answers ]

Not married, girfriend wants to leave state with my 2 year old son. What can I do legally to prevent her from taking my son out of the state of NC

Taking child out of state [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife just separated but not legally. His wife wants to move with their son out of state. Can she do that. We live in Wichita, Ks.

Taking child out of state [ 2 Answers ]

my x wife is trying to take my son out of state, we are divorce and we have joint legaly custody

Taking a child out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I, a single mother, left IL. With my 3 year old daughter, that I have sole custody of. We are living with her grand parents. Now her father (we have never been married) tells me that he is going to take me to court and demand that I bring her back. He only pays $50.00 per week and that is very...

View more questions Search