Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielleharris Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Abortion. Pregnant again?
    Hello everyone! THe last time I had posted here was when I was questioning if I was pregnant... well I was. I had an abortion July 2 and my doctor told me I would be estremely fertile for the next 2-3 months and be on some srt of protection. Well... not to long after that I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend but he pulled out (he came on my "flower" but not in). Im now on Nuvaring (which I hear a lot of people are still getting pregnant on). Im not sure how long I should wait to take a test. Im scared that it might just come out positive because my hormomons are still high from my last pregnancy. But then again, maybe there not since its been almost a month. If that's so then, should I just wait till I miss my period? (Im a bit scared that the nuvaring might up the baby if I wait too long to take the test and I am positive):confused:
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 09:51 AM

You got pregnant... had an abortion... the doctor TOLD you to use protection... and you still had unprotected sex, and might be pregnant again...

Abortions are not birth control...

I would say its time to stop having sex at all... obviously you are not ready for the responsibility of sex.

But that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore ;)

You may be pregannt, you can take a test tomorrow morning, if its negative, then wait a week and take another... and continue to do so until you get your period. (or you get a positive obviously)
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 09:56 AM
    I think she is saying she is on Nuvaring, if I read this correctly.

How old are you... I don't hear adults say 'he came on my 'flower' but not in?

Your body underwent a trying emotional, psychological and physical procedure. Don't continue to be careless. Use multiple protections, condoms, spermicide and birth control or abstinance. Give your body a chance to heal.

As far as the pregnancy test, you will need to wait.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 09:59 AM

No she said that now she is on nuva ring. She said she had unprotected sex. Which means no nuva ring. Unless she mistyped, in which case ill take it all back
    klynntuck Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    you got pregnant...had an abortion...the doctor TOLD you to use protection...and you still had unprotected sex, and might be pregnant again...

abortions are not birth control...

i would say its time to stop having sex at all...obviously you are not ready for the responsibility of sex.

but thats just my opinion. feel free to ignore ;)

you may be pregannt, you can take a test tomorrow morning, if its neg, then wait a week and take another...and continue to do so untill you get your period. (or you get a positive obviously)
    I agree with Jenniepepsi. What's wrong with using condoms? If you know the result in having unprotected sex, Why keep doing it. DUH... Does that sound smart? Instead of preventing pregnancy, you would rather take a life that you created.

Jul 27, 2009, 10:04 AM

It not like I would get another abortion. There's no way that I will do that again. The first time I got pregnant was on accident on birthcontrol.
    I got heated in the moment when it was unprotected like many MANY teenagers (not trying to defend what I did cause I know its wrong). I am 17. And I put "flower" because I felt silly saying.. the other word...
    I know I'm stupid for what I did... blah blah blah. I appreciate Justwantfair for answering my question and not criticising me. If I wanted that I couldve gone to my parents. (I know I spelled something wrong... XP)
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 10:15 AM

Its OK to say flower hon. I wasn't critazising you hon, I was just giving you my opinion and suggesting what I would do the best I could. I'm very sorry if I offending you :( *hugs*
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Jul 27, 2009, 10:21 AM

You shouldn't be having sex after having an abortion for at least 2-4 weeks. And, you very well could be pregnant again. You are extremely fertile right now. As your doctor told you. I totally agree with jenniepepsi, you really don't need to be having sex if you don't want to be a mother because clearly you are not responsible enough to protect yourself and listen to the doctor's instructions.

And as others have stated, abortions are NOT a form of birth control.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 10:27 AM

Iff you are to shy to say vagina then you should not be having sex... not mature enough in any way
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 11:00 AM

I'd wait and see what happens when your period is due. If late, obviously take a test. If you have it, count yourself fortunate and be extra careful in the future.

Do not under any circumstances let your boyfriend near you without using adequate birth control. Nuvaring is pretty effective, but as with any other form of contraceptive you have to make sure you use it correctly to achieve the highest protection.

Use the worry you are experiencing now as something to learn from. Sometimes, and it can be unfortunate, the greatest lessons have to come from personal experience.

Jul 27, 2009, 12:34 PM

I want to thank everyone for there opinions and such. :)
    Thank you Jenniepepsi, I appoligize for being a little hot headed earlie.
    And there's nothing wrong with saying "flower". It not like Im going to gigle or snicker at the other word like a 5 year old. I just find it more appopriate.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielleharris View Post
    I want to thank everyone for there opinions and such. :)
    Thank you Jenniepepsi, I appoligize for being a little hot headed earlie.
    And theres nothing wrong with saying "flower". It not like Im going to gigle or snicker at the other word like a 5 year old. I just find it more appopriate.
    Hmm...
    I'm just going to expand on what DNM said...

No, there is NOTHING wrong with saying "flower" however, you do not have sex with a "flower" (unless you're into that kind of thing ;)), yet you find some gimmiky word more appropriate?
    You think saying "vagina" is silly? I'm sorry, but using a cutesy word like "flower" is "silly" and less "appropriate". Honey, if you are going to defend using another word, please, defend it in a way that makes sense. Just say "I'm shy about saying 'vagina'" and I'll leave it alone.

Anyway, I'll thank you for not jumping to abortion again, but next time INSIST your boyfriend uses a condom, and say "no" if he won't. Seriously.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 08:09 AM

First "pulling out" is not any method at all. And even after being warned that there was a high chance you still had unprotected sex. And for some reason assuming pulling out was protection, it shows a very lack of knowledge on protection.
    hottaytay27 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 11:32 PM
    Yu should wait until you miss your period! I had got a abortion on October 1 of Dis year and still haven't gotten my regular periods yet, I went to the doctors and all da test was negative but still wait until you missed it then take one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant after an abortion? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had an abortion on March 2nd of this year. I regret it so much. I also have a 2 year old daughter who I love so much. I allowed other people to gas my head up an bring me down with the past pregnancy so I terminated it an I regret it so much. After the abortion they said your supposed to...

How long after having an abortion can you get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abortion almost a month ago and I was wondering how long after having one you can get pregnant?. and what the normal time for you to start your period is.I have started taking birthcontrol but still nervous this is going to happen again.

Abortion now might be pregnant [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I recently after deciding for weeks, that I would have an abortion. I know I have been through every feeling about having had the decision of having an abortion :( . I had it done on feb 21th and bled for two and a half weeks after that. Now!! I haven't had a period since then and I don't know...

I could be pregnant and want an abortion [ 2 Answers ]

I got drunk at a party and... then we went to have sex but it didn't fully go in but I'm afraid he still had spirm on his penis and am scared that I am pregnant. If I am I would get an abortion but how would I go about this without my mum knowing because I am only 14 and how much would it cost?

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search