muheirwe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 03:05 AM
    Mass communication

What do people who offer mas communication do after the course

What is mass communication all about?
    BABYGIRL09 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 09:34 AM

Mass Communication
    The Department contributes to the fulfillment of the mission of the University by helping students to develop their skills in Media. The courses are structured to be strong theoretically and practically, enabling the students to be balanced and well rounded individuals. The programme aims to:
    1. Provide students with an interest in journalism, audio and video production, broadcasting and public relations, and gives them the opportunity to become qualified to work in these areas.
    2. Prepare workers for specialized areas of communication such as radio, television, print and communication.
    3. Train individuals who will demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
    4. Assist students in the development of good Christian moral ideals and valued that they may take to the workplace.
    5. Sensitize students to the role and function of communication in out global village.

MATRICULATION REQUIREMENTS
    In addition to the University requirements, a student who desires to major in Mass Communication must have:
    • a pass in English in CXC General Proficiency Level I or II or GCE O' level of at least a 'B' or an equivalent examination with a comparable grade
    • In addition, it is recommended that the passes should include Mathematics and a Foreign Language.
    • Persons over the age of 25 who do not meet the regular matriculation requirements must have at least three years' working experience and be successful at the Mature Age Entrance examinations with a passing grade equivalent to the CXC English General Proficiency Level I or II or GCE O' level of at least a 'B.'
    • Acceptance into the Department of Communication Studies for all individuals is based upon successful performance at a panel interview conducted by the Department Chair and faculty members.

For further information on this programme, please contact the secretary in the department at (876) 523-2104-5 or [email protected] .
    BABYGIRL09 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 09:35 AM
    This is Mass Comm as offered at Northern Caribbean University in Jamaica

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovering mass communication research problems [ 2 Answers ]

I want to do the research on discovering mass communication research problems all around the world and specially in Pakistan.along with this I also want to know about the scope or future of mass communication research.please do let me know about all the previous as well as the latest problems with...

Data Communication, Evaluate the performance of communication [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like your help in the below question: Scenario Mr Paul Rainer sits in his office at Avon Cosmetics, in Salford Quays. Mr Rainer is Vice President of corporate MIS and his mind is moving to communications. His Enthusiasm is infectious and all the executives in the company...

Mass communication [ 4 Answers ]

If I want to pursue an mba in mass communication is it advisory that I do B.A. or B.M.S. i.e. bachelor of media studies after 12th?

View more questions Search