Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee7677 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 12:50 AM
    Is it okay to buy a mobile home without a title?
    I am purchasing a mobile home that doesn't have a title to it. Is that against the law, or could it cause me problems?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dee7677 View Post
    i am purchasing a mobile home that doesn't have a title to it. Is that against the law, or could it cause me problems?
    If it doesn't have a title, then you don't know if the title is clear or not. There could be other leins on the mobile home that you don't know about. If you purchase, you will be liable for any outstanding balance on the leins.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2009, 05:48 AM

Illegal - no, Foolish - YES! This can certainly cause you problems if the real title holder shows up.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dee7677 View Post
    i am purchasing a mobile home that doesn't have a title to it. Is that against the law, or could it cause me problems?
    This is worded like you are already in the process of buying this mobile home. If you are, you should stop. Call any bank and ask them about financing one without a title. While your at it, call the insurance company too.

There are ways to get a replacement title, probably with your local government office. It has to be free and clear of liens.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 09:26 AM

Depends upon the state. Some don't title mobile homes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home title [ 2 Answers ]

I live in va and I recently brought a mobile home in feb. of this year. I want to know can someone sell you a mobile home without the title. I think I have the bill of sale it doesn't say bill of sale also it does not have the make model or year it was made. When I asked could she give me a bill of...

Mobile Home Title [ 2 Answers ]

MOBILE HOME TITLE - I bought a 1999 repo mobile home in 2002. I never had it set up to live in until 2004. Silly me never sent the title in ( I paid cash for the home) and now I cannot find the title. I have also never listed it so there is no county tax record. I now need to sell the home - is...

How do I get Title of Mobile Home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was given free of charge an abandoned mobile home in holiday mobile home park by the manager of this park. I was told that after paper work was done on it I would be given title to transfer. When I asked the manager about the title last week she told me she had 32 others she was working on...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search