Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easymotors Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 11:32 PM
    Where is fuel filter on a 2006 kia rio not the fuel pump that is in gas tank
    where is fuel filter located on a 2006 kia rio
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:38 AM

The sending unit and filter may come as one complete assembly.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jul 27, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Try the left side (drivers side) near the rear wheel by gas tank just after the rear door.

60,000 miles or 60 months to replace. Its fairly large and you can see the fuel lines going in and out of it. One nice thing it has snap fittings which makes change over easy.

K
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
    Are you replacing the filter during routine service?

More and more vehicles are being produced with the fuel filter built into the fuel pump/tank unit.
    Your Kia is built this way.

Name:  1a.gif
Views: 23415
Size:  25.8 KB

Note the description of Item # 2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel pump or fuel filter? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I have a buick lesabre 1992 I just bought it a couple days ago. It was acting funny and we thought it was the transmission well it turns out there was NO transmission fluid in it so we put about 7 quart in it and that problem went away. But there is still another problem, when you...

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

How much fuel should be in the fuel filter on craftsman 20 hp lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

How much fuel should there be in the fuel filter, I have a craftsman 20 hp riding mower. Should the fuel flow out or just drip out?

Changing fuel pump in gas tank of 1994 Chev truck [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to completely remove the bed from my 1994 Chev 4X4 truck in order to get to the gas tank to change the fuel pump? Do I have to then take the tank off? My Hanes manual doesn't cover any of this.

Changing fuel pump in gas tank of 1994 Chev truck [ 2 Answers ]

The windshield wipers quit working on my 1994 Chev truck. You can hear the motor trying to run when you switch it on. If you raise the hood and smack it a couple of times with the handle end of a large screwdriver, they'll start working, for a while. W hat do I need to replace or fix?

View more questions Search