Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burke90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 10:33 PM
    Vaginal discharge
    I've had this vaginal discharge ever since I was 12 years old, and I am 18 now. I've read about "normal discharge" but I just thought it was strange that it started when I was 12, and I never even got my first period until I was 15. The discharge is clear or sometimes milky colored. I'm pretty sure it's more than a teaspoon each day. It happens 24/7. And it has no odor. I didn't even suspect that it was abnormal until I started reading up on it. So somebody please help me out. Thank you
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 26, 2009, 11:04 PM

Vaginal discharge is very normal. It's the vagina's way of cleaning itself. It sucks hardcore, especially because it gets on your panties and whatnot, but it's normal. I wouldn't worry.

Some women have more discharge than others. I'm like you; it's a constant thing, and it's annoying. But normal, so it's all good.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 12:30 AM

I'm the same way as well. My hsuband loves the fact that I'm 'ready' all the time (at least, physically :P that doesn't always mean mentally ;) )

I've noticed it goes through cycles of REALLY heavy, and then simply heavy. Pads and pantiliners are usually enough. But every now and then, if I know I am going to be out for a long time, a tampon controls the discharge as well.

BUT DO NOT use the tampons as a discharge control more than once in a great blue moon. Using it too much can cause TSS (toxic shock syndrom) and it can kill you.

Good luck hon
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 03:24 AM

The risk of tss does not increase due to the cause of usage, as long as her tampon is changed often she should be fine (read box for suggested times) there is risk just not greater.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal discharge [ 2 Answers ]

If I have abnormal vaginal discharge should I consult a GYN or just see my regular health practitioner?

Vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

My Period was two weeks ago. But I am experiencing cramps and And brown vaginal discharge with bleeding Ever since my period finished. No pain, slight ordor Not sexually active. But I have been taking biotin supplements right Before this started. Any clue to what's wrong? :(

Vaginal Discharge. [ 5 Answers ]

I USED to have creamy white discharge, now its thick cottage cheese looking yellow discharge, and I've had this for a long time, nothing works, no atibotics, creams, my doc doesn't know what else to do, what could it be?

View more questions Search