Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeuta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Being manipulated out of my marriage by other mother
    My husband had an affair. A month after he broke it off, the woman calls and tells him she is pregnant. Then she insists that he has to give her injections every morning and night because she is to scared to do it. When that isn't enough to get him to come back to her. She pitches a fit and says that she can't bare the pain of raising the child of a married man. She says she is going to move across the country unless he divorces me for her.
    Not having his father around as a child, my husband desperately want to be apart of his child's life. However, he isn't in love with her and doesn't want to continue a relationship with her.
    Since she is still pregnant, we can't find any where that he has any rights to his unborn child. I don't want him to lose his child, and I don't want to lose him.
    Please let me know if you have some relevant advice.
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 26, 2009, 05:05 PM

I just want to say I think you are amazing for standing by your husband.

I think you can claim custody once the child is born I read that on another thread on this site if you do a search you will find it.

All the best.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 05:06 PM

Sounds like she is manipulating the heck out of him. He has to think can he live with her the way she is? I mean if he chooses to go with her then he could be miserable for years to come if she is that manipulating and guilt tripping him.
    Is he 100% that she is pregnant and to him?
    He should request a paternity test before he signs anything.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Rights to the child can't be established until a DNA test proves paternity. And when the parents aren't married to each other that always introduces more uncertainty into the equation. The ball's kind of in the mother's court in this case. Once the child is born your husband can file a motion with Family Court for an adjudication of paternity. This will compel the mother to submit to DNA testing. Now that in and of itself won't necessarily stop her from booking across the country with child in tow. But if she does so, then she'll be in contempt of court. But how far the authorities will (or won't) go to try and track her down and extradite her back home is another story. But, assuming she doesn't attempt to beat the system, once the DNA test proves paternity, your husband can file for custody, visitation and the like and she can file for child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage - Syed mother [ 1 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marriage/syed-issue-376285.html

Emotionally manipulated.again! [ 22 Answers ]

It's happening again. While back I dated one of the best manipulators and it took five years for me to get concrete proof that I was simply an object for his female collection. Even at the beginning, I FELT something was wrong, but did I listen? Ooohhhhh noooooo- I can get to the bottom of this...

Intercaste marriage . How do I convince girls mother. [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy from bestha which is a lower catse in India. I am in love with a reddy girl.We are both well educated and very much in love. I am well off financially too. She was raised by a single mother who took a lot of pain to raise her. I have tried to talk to her mother but the only point of...

Manipulated tossed aside [ 8 Answers ]

I have suffered panic disorder and depression for over 22 yrs now. I just got out of an abusive relationship of 8 years, I have not contacted this man but he is making me so sad because he stopped the car as I was walking and he said (like the past 4 months we are apart never happened) "I have a...

View more questions Search