Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jul 26, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Kaspersky antivirus 2009 won't let me disinfect or delete viruses and trojans found.
    I discovered some virus and Trojan on my computer. My Norton and AVG free couldn't find it. I'm kind of disappointed in Norton, it can't detect anything but a few tracking cookies. So I got Kaspersky antivirus 2009 and did a full system scan. After everything's done, I open up the detected list. I found like 5 trojans all listed "Very dangerous", but for some reason the disinfect button was grey and I couldn't disinfect it. They didn't ask me to delete it either.

There were a few virus where they pops up and tells me that it couldn't be disinfected and that it could only be deleted, which I delete. But then I still had 4 trojans left, couldn't do anything about...

HOW DO IT DELETE IT? Or disinfect, whichever is fine as long as I'm VIRUS and TROJANS free! ;)

HELP! (I'm using another computer because mine can't access the Internet :mad:)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 03:55 PM

What are the names of the files/trojans that cannot be 'cleaned'?

Is this a full version of kaspersky or just a trial?

Trial versions will only let you do so much without having to purchase the software.

Have you tried malwarebytes? It's free and should find some things it can take care of

Malwarebytes.org
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jul 26, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    what are the names of the files/trojans that cannot be 'cleaned'?

is this a full version of kaspersky or just a trial?

trial versions will only let you do so much without having to purchase the software.

Have you tried malwarebytes? It's free and should find some things it can take care of

Malwarebytes.org
    The only names I recognize is Trojan.NWR

This is the full version! Not trial, trials wouldn't do anything but give you a little scan...

Free version of MalwareByte? Is it as good as Kaspersky?
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 26, 2009, 04:44 PM

First off you have to make sure Norton is completely off your system, or other anti viruses usually have problems. Use the Norton Uninstall Tool.
    You can connect your internet back up and restart in safe mode choosing Safe Mode with networking, download, update and run Malwarebytes in Full Scan. After that restart out of safe mode and run another full scan and download, update and run A-squared in Deep Scan. Also uninstall ie7 if you use it and any other browser. Next download and run Ccleaner, and next reinstall browsers remembering to install Flash Player. Next Turn off System Restore and turn back on...
    You can also burn these scanners, updating them on a CD using another PC and run CD on the infected PC...
    Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 06:15 PM

MalwareBytes is a stand alone program that is not related to others but does find and clean 'things' it finds

You really should only have 1 antivirus installed at a time as they may conflict with one another

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kaspersky antivirus 2009 won't ask me to delete trojans and disinfect not clickable [ 1 Answers ]

I got some trojans on my computer, but AVG free and norton won't find it. So I bought Kaspersky antivirus 2009 and did a full scan to my computer. A whole bunch of trojans pops up, but the disinfect all button by the quarantine button is grey and can't be clicked on. There were some viruses where...

Does norton antivirus 2009 remove viruses that are present in your computer? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a virus in my computer now. I tried all the things people had told me to do and nothing has worked so far. So I want to buy norton antivirus 2009 but I need to know if it only blocks viruses or does it take them out as well if they are present in your computer? If it does how does it work...

How to delete Antivirus 360 [ 4 Answers ]

How to delete antivirus 360'

Spyware preventer, windows antivirus 2008, advanced antivirus,ultimate antivirus [ 3 Answers ]

Spyware preventer, windows anti virus 2008, advanced anti virus,ultimate antivirus I have all three of these things on my computer and there ruining it, I had a couple others that were just as bad in the scene of "pop ups" but much easier to get rid of >control panel add remove programs and...

HOw do I delete McAfee .dll files inorder to install Norton Antivirus? [ 1 Answers ]

Please Please help. I'm trying toinstall Norton Antivirus but I need to get rid of my old McAfee antivirus program first. I have uninstalled it already but there are still a few of it's mcAfee files that won't delete.. It's saying access denied.. (disk full or write-protected) . These are all dll...

View more questions Search