Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlopez22epik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Ask for a raise?
    I've been work at a store located in north star mall in san antonio, TX for about 3 weeks and the minimum wage in Texas has gone up in July 24,2009 to $7.25hr. Im getting paid $7.00hr which below minimum wage. I was just wondering if I should ask the owner for a raise to meet the requirements of minimum wage?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 07:09 PM

You should see the new minimum wage reflected in your paycheck the next time you get paid if the boss is paying attention. I'd wait until you get your paycheck and then if the new minimum is not there you could say something to the boss in a very nice way. It's not going to be much of a "raise" after taxes are taken out. You'll probably come home with a dollar or two extra.
    rlopez22epik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    You should see the new minimum wage reflected in your paycheck the next time you get paid if the boss is paying attention. I'd wait until you get your paycheck and then if the new minimum is not there you could say something to the boss in a very nice way. It's not going to be much of a "raise" after taxes are taken out. You'll probably come home with a dollar or two extra.
    Thanks for answering my question. The raise may not be much but times like these a raise is better than what I was getting before. But yea il bring it up to my manager if they don't bring it up. Thanks again.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask for a raise? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been at my job for over a year and feel like I should ask for a raise but I'm not sure how to go about it. Anyone have any good books or anything to help?

Dad want to raise baby [ 2 Answers ]

If a mother dies and leaves a will on who a child will be left with and the father is still living and has paid child support who dose the child go to.

Rent raise [ 5 Answers ]

I have a couple and their daughter rent two bedrooms in my house since Dec 2006 at the rent $500.00 for each room. When can I raise the rent and what is the maximum percent can I increase ? Thanks.

Can I raise my tub? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my basement shower with a tub. I have no idea though if I could just use the same drain and not raise the tub or not. So just in case, can I raise my tub, or would I have to put a 14" x 14" dap-thingy in for different drain piping? Appreciate any response, Paul

View more questions Search