Ask
    oefranco59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 11:34 AM
    What costs are associated with inventory
    What costs are associated with inventory
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 11:57 PM

Do you mean what costs are counted as part of the cost of inventory? The price of it, plus any costs associated with getting it (transportation, sales tax, insurance, etc.), less any discounts you received.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Jul 28, 2009, 03:28 AM

According to IAS 2 - Inventories 'All costs of purchase, cost of conversion and other costs incurred to bring the inventory to its present condition and location.

Purchase costs comprise, purchase price, import duties and non recoverable taxes, transport, handling, and other costs directly attributable to the acquisition of inventories.

Conversion costs include costs that are directly related to the units of production, such as direct labor, systematically allocated fixed and variable production overheads in converting the materials into finished product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Costs Associated with Inventory [ 2 Answers ]

What are costs associated with inventory? Why is controlling turnover in the inventory important? How can improvements in inventory management impact profitability?

Inventory freight costs [ 2 Answers ]

When you purchase inventory, where do you record the shipping expense? Is it calculated into the inventory or as an expense? Judi

Perpetual systems-assigning costs to inventory [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone explain this process to me as if I am two. I am not getting this and I don't know why. Dec 7 310 units @ 3.00 unit cost Dec 14 20 units @ 3.20 Dec 21 15 units @ 14.00 Trader sells 15 units for 25 dollars each on Dec 15. Eight of the sold units are from ythe Dec 7 purchase...

View more questions Search