Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Does using Flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil make you break out/ have oily skin?
    Hi! So I was breaking out a little on my face, like cyst type pimples ( very few). Someone that works at whole foods (heath care section) told me to take 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil a day, and also to take evening primrose oil gel tablets. They warned me that I may break out in the first week, because it will be cleaning out my skin.. also that my skin needs to get used to it. Ok yes, I broke out soooo bad. I had cystic pimples everywhere, and places that I never had broken out before. I thought that I should wait it out though, since he told me to. Now it has been two weeks. My face is very shiny and oily. I am still breaking out a little, not as bad as the first week. But the scars are now everywhere from that first week.
    My question is.. does anyone know if flaxseed or evening primrose oil will make your sin extra oily? Does anyone know any other natural supplement I can take? Should I switch to ground flaxseed?
    I would really appreciate the advice, thanks!

P.S. I googled flaxseed and EPO and the results were excellent. Everyone raved how there skin got wonderfully flawless after using them or one or the other. And only after days too..?
    noynoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Yes
    Mellicins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Evening primrose oil is a supplement that can decrease oil production on your face. Oil production is influenced by hormones, so balancing those hormones will naturally lead to less oil. Evening primrose oil balances those hormones in women.

Read more: Natural Ways to Make Your Body Stop Producing Oil on Your Face | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7346542_natural-stop-producing-oil-face.html#ixzz1AdiGCfuP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening for an oily skin [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, I have oily skin and pimple on my face and back. I use nivea body lotion. I would also like to know how I get a lighter skin. Thanks

Evening primrose oil affecting cycle? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone :) I'm planning to take EPO for its anti-androgen properties because I have PCOS. I normally have very regular cycles, and I'm afraid EPO would affect them, like making my cycles shorter or longer, does anyone have an experience with this? Also, I'm surely not getting pregnant,...

Evening out skin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a slight hole, well I took off a couple layers of skin with tweezers on my forehead because of a pimple. Now, the "hole" is still there and I want to even out my skin. How can I fix this? The circularly mark is a bit red too.

Vitamin that make the skin oily [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy omega3 and vitamin E but I heard some make the skin oily, which ones to avoid?

View more questions Search