Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlv cleaning Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Carpet cleaning
    I mean how do u give an estimate for a 5 room carpet cleaning for a residential sorry to leave out for residential
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 10:39 AM

The charge for residential carpet cleaning is usually more than commercial carpet cleaning.

The square footage of the job is a pricing factor as you will have basic 'fixed costs.'

If you are to move the furniture the price is higher by at least $0.6 per sq ft.

For 5 rooms without moving the furniture and using the hot water extraction method with the promise to return if any 'wicking' occurs I would suggest between $0.25 and $0.30 per sq ft. Estimating that each room is approximately 200 sq ft X 5 = 1,000 sq ft total.

Not knowing the condition of the carpet or the last time that it was cleaned I would prepare the customer by asking them when it was last cleaned and look at it to see the condition and spots. (Spots come out... stains do not - tell your customer this.). If it has high traffic that affects the carpet more. Tell them that what you are doing is 'carpet cleaning' and this is not 'restitution.' Restitution is a lot more work as deep cleaning is required, and the results may not always make them happy. At some point you must consider replacing carpet.

However, if you need to come back I would suggest that you put this in your 'contract' with them and charge accordingly. Tell them that you will do extra work on the traffic lanes, but these areas are embedded usually.

This is only a suggestion, only you are responsible for your pricing.

Good luck,

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 12:26 PM

Many around here merely have a "house" price
    jlv cleaning Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Chuck in your area what is the house price for a 5 room without moving furniture.some one need carpet cleaning before they move in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial carpet cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

I have my license in cleaning and I would like to know how I can bid for commercial bulding?

Carpet cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to price a carpet cleaning job.I have a client need five rooms clean.how will I estimate a price for five room carpet cleaning

Carpet Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I started a carpet cleaning business back in Sept 2007 I have advertised with coupon in the newspaper and Have gone door to door with colored brochure with Coupons on them. (at cheap prices!) But I have only gotten a few customers out of it. Please if you have any great ideas to get steady...

View more questions Search