Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gudlaravikumar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Beginner needs help choosing a college of architecture.
    I would like to join a Architecture BA program, can you suggest which of the two Indian institutions are best:

1)Andhra University, College of Engineering
    2)Christian Minority Institution College Secunderabad
    dhatura Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 10:06 PM

I have been doing architectural design for 20 years. The best advice I can give you is not to look so hard at schools right now. If you just graduated from HS, you have plenty of time. Go buy some tools and spend a couple years in the field working in various trades. Then go to school. It will make school sooooooo much easier for you, and you will end up being a better architect for doing so. I believe architecture is like doctoring. When you go to med school, you have to intern at a hospital to graduate. It should be manditory to work in the field for arch.'s too.
    chnnker177 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2009, 03:46 PM

Hey there,

Well as a second year arch student, what really worked out the best for me was to go to a community college fresh out of high school and took architecture there, which allows me to go into any firm as a draftsman. Now that I am done with that, I am in an arch design university school and it is sooo much easier for me because of the previous experience and I also have the option of a position at a firm.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best college for architecture? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best school for architecture? I want to be an architect and I was just wondering what the best school is

Choosing a College Major [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of transferring from a community college to a university to attain a bachelor degree. I chose to major in Marketing and after talking to various people: college counselors, parents, people who went to college and those that don't, I am completely unsure of myself right...

Architecture [ 1 Answers ]

What famous architectural structure had a dangerous problem upon completion, when panes of glass would pop out and crash on the street below? The World Trade Center, The John Hancock Building, The Chrysler Building, or the Sears Tower Building?

View more questions Search