Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PCGalarneau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Code Question
    Does anyone know if it is in the code (section would help) about pigtailing a neutral on a recptacle. We had a disagreement about if you could use the recptacle for your jumper?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 01:44 PM
    In the 2002 edition of the NEC, see:

"Section 300.13(B) Device Removal
    In multiwire branch circuits, the continuity of a grounded conductor shall not depend on connections such as lampholders, receptacles, and so forth, where the removal of such devices would interrupt the continuity."

Should be the same, or close in the 2005 edition.

As stated, this only applies to multiwire circuits, when you run circuits with a shared neutral.

This is an excellent practice for two wire circuits, esp. when the circuits service critical equipment, even though if a neutral breaks in a 2 wire circuit it only stops the circuit from working.

But if a shared neutral breaks, then much higher than 120 volts can be impressed on the devices in the circuit and be severely damaged and create a fire hazard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help in VB Code [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, Iam traying to get result of my record as below If next record is biger than previous show "1" If next record is same previous show "1" If next record is smallest show "0" if next record is same previous show "0" Example

Davinci Code [ 61 Answers ]

Just looking for thoughts and comments on the movie and book Davinci Code

1099-R / P Code Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- My employer last year indicated that certain members of the company would be getting a 401k distribution because the company failed its non-discriminatory test by the government (set up to ensure that the plan set up by the company benefits employees of all $ levels.) Unfortunately,...

CHeck Engine Code P1441 Question... [ 1 Answers ]

I got this check engine code on my 2001 Nissan Altima P1441 :( can anyone tell me what that is all about and what it means and what I can do to fix it :confused: . Thanks for your help :)

View more questions Search