Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Thinking of Joining the Marines.
    Are there weight restrictions for joining the Marine Cor?

I am about 68 inches in height and I weigh 235 pounds.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 08:34 AM

Not that I am aware of. If you pass their physical, you're in.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 08:35 AM

I think you just have to pass the physical

United States Marine Corps Enlistment Requirements - Associated Content

Here is for the Army I think they have gotten pretty lax on their standards to be able to get more recruits.
    The age is 42 now rather than what the site says.

I'd have to ask my son about what you have to score in the ASVAB testing.
    Army.com - Requirements to Join the U.S. Army
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 12:43 PM

You may have some problems with the physcial requirements, running and physcial but now is the time to start working on it. Aftre you are running 5 miles or more at at ime, most likely the weight will slim off some
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Don't know about Canada, but here in the states you do have to meet certain weight requirements. My son had to lose 30 pounds before being sent to basic training.
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You may have some problems with the physcial requirements, running and physcial but now is the time to start working on it. aftre you are running 5 miles or more at at ime, most likely the weight will slim off some
    Hope not.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 04:59 PM

Yeah I forgot your Canadian, Always think of the USA when I hear military.

My son said around 180 lbs
    spartanone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 09:32 AM

I know for the us military you have to be within hieght/weight standards. If you are close they will measure you with tape.
    airborneranger7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:47 AM

There IS a weight requirement with the USMC. Also a PT test. There is different from the Army, which is what I'm in. Last I heard, Marines have a 3 mile run, pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups. As for the ASVAB score, for any branch of service it's 31 to pass. The higher the score you get, the more opportunities you get

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I too old for the Marines? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone: I always wanted to join the Marines. At 18 I wanted to enlist but I broke my leg and that was it. I am 25 now. Since that time most of my family wanted me to stay out of the military and I did. I had many jobs but I did't like any of them I always wanted something interesting and...

Army or marines? [ 19 Answers ]

I have a question. I'm interested in oining the military, I've talked to recruiters, read about the different branches. But what I didn't find out was if the army gives you morepaid leave then the marines do..

Scared About Marines [ 10 Answers ]

OK. I need some real good advice. Honestly my recruiter I think gives me bull and I've been trying to search someone who has any help for months. Now I'm honestly tired of trying to give people my life story but in a nut shell I was big fat and no muscle over a year ago and through high school...

Joining the marines bad credit ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is abraham I am 23 years old I have a credit card debt, its about 10000 dlls I will try to fix this but since its been more than 1 year I am sure that I won't go away from my credit report will this affect me in joining the marines?

Any Marines? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for anyone who has the experience of being a Marine to offer me friendly advice. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine, but I have a few simple questions. Does stealing happen often on bases, should I keep my good clothing at home? What's a typical day look like once you get stationed...

View more questions Search