Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mogollonpablo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
    Yellow tipping
    Can somebody tell me what yellow tipping means?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 01:12 PM
    It's not an "official" hvac term, but if you're speaking of the flame on a burner, it probably means too much yellow; that is, past the "yellow tip limit". This can be caused by a variety of problems... most of which can be fixed by adjusting the flame.

If a reputable service tech says you're "yellow tipping", then the solution is to have the flame adjusted.

Here's some reference for it:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...me&btnG=Search

Where are you seeing the term?. or in what conversation did it come up?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2006, 03:08 PM
    Yellow tipping really is not a huge concern. The primary air adjustment on the burners could be misadjusted. Imputes in the gas. Ash and dust falling into flame from heat exchanger. Or possible disruption in the flame from a cracked heat exchanger, but by no means does this mean you have a crack.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 19, 2006, 03:14 PM
    All flames yellow tip to a certain extent. What you don't want is a "Lazy" flame that wavers or is mainly yellow. You are looking for a strong, tight blue flame until the very end...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yellow Flies [ 17 Answers ]

Suggestions for something that will repel yellow flies please. When bitten by them, if I don't get to the meds quick enough, I end up in the emergency room. I'd really like to enjoy the flower garden and patio my husband and I just put in without being attacked by those buggers. It would be such a...

Yellow discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Is this something I should be worried about? Is there something I can do about it? I also missed my period which hasn't happen for around two years. I'm 17 and am not sexually active. I really don't want to go see a doctor because the only one I can get an appointment with is a guy so I'm hoping...

Yellow teeth [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of home remedies to whiten the teeth... I am poor and can not afford to go to the dentist to whiten my teeth so I want to try something that won'r cost me a arm and a leg.

Tipping etiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I went to a hair salon and had my hair straightened.. I paid $300 plus $70 tip.. 3 days later my hair was wavy again so I had the stylist re-do it . She didn't charge me for the service again but she did charge me for the hair supplies which came to $25.00. Should I have tipped...

Tipping : Sushi bar [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning everyone, I have a question about tipping. As I am from Western Europe, the " tipping culture" is rather strange to me now that I live in the US. But I've managed to understand the minimum of it ( waitress, hairdresser.. ) My problem is about Sushi bars. I love sushis, and I love...

View more questions Search