Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rnatch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Ceiling fan with 1, 3 way and 1, 3 way dimmer switch
    Thinking of buying a Harbor Breeze Model: E AER52BP5LKRC ceiling fan. I still want to control the holagon light with the 0ne 3 way switch and one 3 way dimmer and the fan portion with the remote (unless there is another way to control the fan) The three way wires pass through the ceining box. How would this be wired to do what I want?
    Thanks.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 09:23 AM

Assumes that power is being fed to ceiling fixture. Dimmer switch can be in either location.
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 10:20 AM

Didn't the remote come with the ability to dim the light to start with?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 08:59 PM

You could bypass the remote for the light portion only, control it with your three way switches and the fan from the remote. You would want to feed a separate hot and neutral through the motor to the light.

I STRONGLY recommend buying a fan that's

1. Not remote
    2. Not Hampton Bay or Harbor Breeze.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan/dimmer switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a dimmer switch that works the over head light. We are going to put a ceiling fan up where the light is, I wanted to know if we would have to replace the dimmer switch.

Replacing ceiling switch with ceiling dimmer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi community! I'm quite OK when it comes to home electricals replacing sockets etc etc but this is an odd one. I have a bathroom ceiling switch with 2 wires coming to it (N & L). The ceiling dimmer switch seems to have 4 terminals; N & L Load and N & Live In. I'm foxed as to which way to wire...

So what exactly does happen with a dimmer switch / ceiling fan? [ 7 Answers ]

I have read at the ceiling fan FAQ that one cannot use a dimmer switch with a ceiling fan. Well I just installed a cheap Hampton Bay ceiling fan (and light) with remote. We used to have an overhead light on a dimmer switch, so for now, I just have the switch on and full power. The install was...

Need assistance wiring ceiling fan/light to wall switch with dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

The celing outlet has one 3-conductor wire running to the wall outlet (black, white, red, ground). I hooked up the celing fan's white to outlet's white, the ground to ground and then ceiling fan's black to black. I also hooked the fan's light wiring (blue) to the outlet black. FAN OUTLET...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search