Ask
    dede123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
    IRA Bank Acct.
    Can they freez an IRA acct at a Bank?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
    By "frozen", do you mean "garnished"? Please give a bit more detail. If someone has a monetary judgment against you, who is it? And what is the nature of the debt?

As a general rule of thumb, IRAs cannot be garnished, but in SOME cases it can be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen bank acct [ 5 Answers ]

My bank acct was frozen by a debt collector but I don't have the money to pay it off now, the debt collector told me I could make a payment arrangement with them but my unemployment check is not enough for me to start paying off my debt and he told me there's interest building on the debt everyday...

Need info on garnishing wages & taking your bank acct. [ 11 Answers ]

Need some advice or legal help. Tried to put a post up earlier something happen to my computer. Anyway I have been reading post about credit card company's garninshing your wages and taking money out of your bank acct without your permission. Can they really do this. Is this actually legal. ...

Financial Acct. Help [ 1 Answers ]

A machine that cost $36,000 and on which $26,000 of accumulated depreciaion had been recorded was sold for $10,400 cash. Record the journal entries that are necessary to account for this transaction. [email protected] with any help please.

Bank Acct Freeze -garnishment [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I've had a garnishment placed on my bank accts from an old credit card debt, I thought had been paid. Apparently, in 2004 I was served court papers - (I think an old roommate signed for them & never gave them to me) for the court date. Anyway, I did not appear in court. I really was...

Managerial acct. [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I have two questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me with! Thanks Question 1: The contribution margin ratio is 30% for the Honeyville Company and the break-even point in sales is $150,000. If the company's target net operating income is $60,000, sales would have to be: Question 2:...

View more questions Search