Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hippiehippieshake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Could I be pregnant?
    Uhh, hi. My name is Holly and I'm 17 years old and a Senior in High school. I've been dating this guy Jeff for about 2 years + now. Simply adore each other:o . The thing is, we had sex for the first time Oct 1. We were protected, of course. My periods usually start around the 23 I do believe. These past two days I've been bloated and cramping. Not feeling well at all. You don't think that this could be a sign of a pregnancy do you? Since I'm expected to start by next week. Ughhah. I'm so stressed.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Yes, of course it could be a sign of pregnancy...

If you miss your next one it's time to head off to CVS for a pregnancy test.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Oct 19, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hippiehippieshake

Uhh, hi. My name is Holly and I'm 17 years old and a Senior in Highschool. I've been dating this guy Jeff for about 2 years + now. Simply adore each other:o . The thing is, we had sex for the first time Oct 1. We were protected, of course.

My periods usually start around the 23 I do believe.

These past two days I've been bloated and cramping. Not feeling well at all. You don't think that this could be a sign of a pregnancy do you?

Since I'm expected to start by next week. Ughhah. I'm so stressed.
    All things considered, it ia unlikely that cramping is an early sign of pregnancy. You may be overdue menstruation due to your anxiety. If your guess (!) is correct, why not wait until the 23rd and see what happens? The 23rd is still four days away.

If nothing happens on the 24th, get back to us and we'll have you in for a pregnancy test.

M:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 19, 2006, 03:55 PM
    I agree with all your answers so far. I cannot add anything more. Seeing that today is the 19th and you start on or around the 23rd it is most likely premenstrual cramps you are feeling.

However, I do want to say that sex in any way, shape or form, can result in pregnancy. Even birth control pills are not 100% effective, just ask my oldest sons. The only way you will never get pregnant is not to have sex.

So, if you decide you want to have sex, you must be ready for the consequences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search