Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaynemac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 06:48 PM
    1st and 2nd mortgages
    If you keep paying on the 1st mortgage but are behind on your 2nd, can the Bank holding the 2nd mortgage foreclose??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2009, 06:52 PM

Sometimes. Depends on local laws and the wording in the contract. However, if they do force a foreclosure, the primary lienholder gets paid first.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 08:47 PM

Normally yes they will be able to
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 09:28 AM

Yes

The first, as the name implies, has FIRST right to recover.
    lessaul Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2009, 12:11 PM
    A junior mortgage holder can foreclose on your home, however, they would need to gave first position by buying out the senior lien holder. Most junior lien holders will not pay off a senior lien holder unless you have allot of equity in this property. A foreclosure can cost several thousands of dollars to process and unless the junior lien holder can recover their balance, plus the first mortgage pay off, and legal fees, they typically will not foreclose the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 mortgages [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My spouse past in 08 and my name is on the house but as I was making the notes a surprise Popped up he had got another loan on the house and me not knowing I signed the loan paper But when he the loan without me so he died I'm stuck paying loan and house note so I need To know is there...

Two mortgages [ 3 Answers ]

I want to buy this house in MInnesota on contract for deed, the woman I am buying it from has been very honest with me but today she tells me that she has a second mortgage, that her bank will change into a loan with no collateral what should I do she is asking for earnest money. But I have not...

Who knows about mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

I have an adjustable rate that has gone up every year for the last 5 years it's now at 10.65%. I've tried FHA and they say my raito to income is to high 46%. My loan to value is 80%. Can anyone offer any help/

Second mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and son-in-law owe us money (about 8 grand in all) and are not good at paying it back. I do not want to do a lien on their house, I would like to keep the courts out of this. Can I do a second mortgage with me holding it, that way we will get our money someday and I don't have to keep...

Mortgages [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a home in June and since moving I have lost my job, is there any help out there to help me with my mortgage payments?

View more questions Search