Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andradeleslie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Looking for Scholarship or Financial Aid for Felon
    I am 53 years old. Femail. High School Graduate.
    I live in Colorado and would like to attend College.
    Where do I apply for Financial Aid or Scholarships to being this process.
    I do have a Felony Record.
    I am asking to help with this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 02:26 PM

There is no "special" grants for a felon unless it is a local program though some non profit groups.

But you apply for it like any and everyone else normally though the school you want to attend, they all have finicial aid departments.
    If this is in the US, some drug crimes will make you unable to get some grant money
    odilonie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 08:28 PM
    The financial aid office is the first place to go. If you can't qualify for federal aid because of a drug conviction, they may have some other suggestions. If you can't receive grants, at least they could provide guidance for the best possible loans.

Websites such as FastWeb : Scholarships, Financial Aid, Student Loans and Colleges are also helpful for locating private scholarships.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarship for the child of a felon. [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any program out there for the children of felons? I am 35 year old single mom, wanting to go back to school part-time. The federal financial aid that I was awarded is not nearly enough for book AND school. The whole reason I went back to school in the first place is because I don't make...

Is there a scholarship for a daughter of a convicted felon? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I'm so confused plez I start college in fall of 2009 and I really need help :confused:

View more questions Search