Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    COCOALACIE46 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Writ of Execution
    Yesterday I received a writ of execution in the mail from both the garnishees and the law office they are using. I called the law firm and they said it seems like the will freeze my bank accounts. I work for the federal government and have my check direct deposited in the bank that has issued the writ.

Does this mean I will not be able to get my pay out of the bank?
    I live in Pennsylvania.

Also, what's the chance that they can garnish my wages?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2009, 01:58 PM

If the writ has been served on your bank, then yes it means your funds are frozen until releases to the judgement holder. It also means they can garnish your salary.

Were you not aware of the judgment?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 02:19 PM

Once the money goes into a bank account that is froze or garnished, you will not get any funds out.

You need to stop any direct deposit into that acount ASAP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Execution - PA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Today I received a writ of execution which seized by bank accounts. The judgement is for much more than I have in the bank. I am concerned because my paycheck is direct deposit which goes into one of the accounts that has a hold put on it. I tried to stop my direct deposit for my payday this...

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of Execution [ 15 Answers ]

Hi all. I have recently been notified that an atty's office filed a Writ of Execution against me due to money that I owe to a university. It's in the amount of $17k. My fiancée has been handling all of my bills for the past two years, and I was unaware that he was not paying on the payment plan...

Writ of execution [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I received a write of execution for an unpaid credit card. They froze my bank account and have since taken the money out. I still owe 2800.00 I have a mortgage on my home of 45,000 and my car a loan balance of 26,000. What will there next step be?? And can they keep freezing my checking...

View more questions Search