Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tweetygirl06 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2006, 06:46 PM
    I'd love to find out how to get into a paranormal group myself here in the Orange County, CA area... anyone know of any around here?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2006, 08:21 PM
    Hello, most of today's "ghost hunters" sadly don't get paid like the ghost busters on TV. Most have regular jobs that pays their bills, and they hunt their ghosts on their time off. Normally they form groups, there are several groups or clubs around the world, or they run adds and find like minded individuals.

So together you form a group, and you have to pay money out of your pocket for all of your equipment. You may at times get some donations, or small money from people that have you investigate.

So being hired, not likely. A lot of the equipment needed will be expensive and it can be time consuming. This has to be a passion, since every living moment not at work will be getting ready to or hunting ghost
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 8, 2006, 07:09 AM
    I also am very interested in the paranormal. It would be cool to start a team here in New England. Since this area has many historical spots to investigate.
    Danni29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 03:03 PM
    I have the same interest in the paranormal and I would love to find a job in the paranormal I'm sure somewhere in the world that there are jobs that pay to research or investigate the paranormal. I have seen documentry's on the paranormal and there were organisations speaking on the documentrys. But I can imagine that it is extremely hard to get into one of these organisations. So please if anyone knows a way of getting started in this field of work please let me know
    stephmichael1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Hey, I've been looking for the same thing. If anybody finds anything or decides to start anything in my area, please let me know. I live in central Illinois, but I'd be willing to move a little ways. Contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 01:54 PM
    This is a good place to start.
    COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY

I hear a lot of people into paranormal and UFO'S live in Phoenix AZ. I have been trying to move there for a couple years but don't have any gas money.
    TFallenOne Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Oct 4, 2007, 08:35 AM
    All right guys, you can't get work as a paranormal investigator. The only way you would get paid to do such work is through a College, University, or Scientific Institution studying the phenomenon or researching it in relation to something else. Being a paranomal investigator, as Fr. Chuck, has stated is done gratis (free). Most investigators work regular jobs and then ghosthunt on the weekend, as I have done. Good luck finding paranormal work that's non-collegiate.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
    And reality intervenes to pop yet another bubble.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I think there are disembodied spirits but I think the only place we contact them is in our own consciousness... or lack there of. I've never seen a picture of a ghost that can't be explained away. EVPs on the other hand, I've heard a few that scared the hell out of me. But then again, the universe and consciousness can be likened to magnetic recording tape in a very far fetched strech of the imagination I suppose. As far as making money at it, take my advice, open a scary huanted house this Halloween. You will fair better. And, don't forget to put cooked noodles in a bowl and call them brains. :)
    BABY_CHARMER Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Hi...

I use to be in a team in london, but now the team as split , how do I go about joining another or making one myself?. I don't know how to use this site but I will get their lol.
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Apr 7, 2008, 02:33 PM
    In another thread Do you know... from Baby-Charmer I guess it was... I read the same ideas as I read from you guys here... lol! People are coming to the same frequences... it s nice to see. Well I believe that there are enough skilled people around here? All you have to do is make the connection. It would be helpful if people put something on their profile... if they want to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal or sleep paralasis? [ 15 Answers ]

There is this problem Ive had since I was 15 years old. It's a problem that seems to occur almost daily especially when Im sleeping and usually happens when I have a dream. Most of the time I dream that I'm a kid running away from home and ill fly away out the window. I swear I can feel myself...

Want to start up a paranormal investagating group [ 13 Answers ]

Hey there I have read all your messages and for a while now I have wanted to set up a group in paranormal investigation, I live in the uk and can't find where to start going about it I thought maybe finding a team 1st would be the best idea so if any of you are interested then please reply ...

My first Paranormal experience [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Well this is my story. I’m in Cornwall (UK) and there’s a haunted castle called Pengasick castle, apparently one of the most haunted in the UK. They were doing a ghost night there so I went allot with my mum and some friends, its was a good night They decided to do a calling and...

Paranormal Employment/Education [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for any schools with paranormal research classes anywhere in the US. I have a tale of my own to tell... I was at a group home in Barbourville, KY and we were having a Labor Day cookout. I was one of the people helping out with getting everything ready and unloading the goods. I...

View more questions Search