Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niveldor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 05:41 AM
    How to replace Thermocouple in Gas Water Heater
    Hello - I need help in removing the thermocouple in the gas water heater made by State Industries. It seems very difficult to reach inside.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Some are hard to get to
    This is one reason the hvac guys make the big bucks,, so try again a little harder
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 01:00 PM
    You need to pull the entire burner assembly to change a thermocouple properly. Once that is done replacing the thermocouple is a piece of cake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water heater is old and leaking and I need to replace. I'm not sure about all the copper piping and all. Can you tell me where I should start?

Replaced water heater thermocouple, now occasional yellow flame [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently replaced the thermocouple on my 3 year old hot water heater (the pilot light would not stay lit through an entire day) and am now seeing some yellow flame interspersed with the nice blue gas flame. I've seen other posts which mention that the burner might be dirty, but I don't...

How risky is my plan to replace thermocouple? [ 3 Answers ]

I believe I have located the problem with my old Luxaire Forced Air, Natural Gas Furnace. The furnace fails to light, very randomly, when the temp drops below the thermostat setting. I noticed that the colder it gets, the more common the problem. I discovered that if I use my hair dryer, and...

How much should it cost to have thermocouple replaced on a hot water heater [ 8 Answers ]

How much should it cost to have thermocouple replaced on a hot water heater?

Gas Water Heater - Thermocouple replacement [ 0 Answers ]

Specifically - I have a State Industries, Inc. Censible 510 Model PRV 50 PBRT6 F 50 gallon gas water heater dated 1991 (S/N E93760685) and I want to replace the thermocouple. Usually, a thermocouple simply slides in/out or has a screw base to hold it in place - this one does not or at least I...

View more questions Search