Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r3zbabii217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 12:23 AM
    I'm stuck on this on!
    Consider the following reaction, which takes place in an autoclave at 250^oC and 800 atm.
    Na3(g)+ 7/4O2(g) -> NO2(g)+ 3/2H2O(g)
    Into the reaction vessel has been placed 200L of NH3(g) and 120L of O2(g). The reaction is allowed to go to completion. Determine the quantity, in moles, of gas that remains unreacted.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 09:12 AM

I hope you mean:

Find the volume ratio of ammonia to oxygen first. You should have 1 volume of ammonia reacting with 7/4 volume of oxygen.

Now, you have 200 L of ammonia. That would react with 200*(7/4) L of oxygen, that is 350 L of oxygen.

But you only have 120 L. That means that you;ll have 120*(4/7) L of ammonia, that is 68.6 L.

So, you will have 131.4 L of excess ammonia.

Now, one mole of a gas at standard conditions occupies 22.4 L.
    You can find the number of moles of the unreacted gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck on someone else [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm a sixteen year old guy and I currently have a girlfriend and we are in a good relationship even thought she is two years younger than me. I also have an ex-girlfriend that is hanging out with me more and I still like her and she is 3 years younger than me.(don't judge she is cool) anyway I...

I'm so stuck on this! [ 4 Answers ]

When a seller issues a credit memorandum, the account that is credited is 1) Sales. 2) Sales Returns and Allowances. 3) Purchase Returns and Allowances. 4) Accounts Receivable. Please help! I get that it's a credit memo but not sure what to credit!

Stuck in between [ 2 Answers ]

Well after knowing how to do it, I caught myself in that same mess others have been in. I have a rental house, The renters were current though last month but have not paid this month, due on the first late charges take effect on the 5th. The people don't seem to be living there, the...

My Key keeps getting stuck! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 and my key keeps getting stuck in the ignition when I go to leave my car. Sometimes, only after several desperate minutes of struggling with it does it budge and several times I have been forced to return home early from an event in order to try to fix it there where I...

Stuck [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have a problem I have an amazing boyfriend but sometimes he gets pissed or if he is having a bad day he takes it out on me and is the biggest jerk. And I don't know and then today I went to the bowling ally and my best friend invited my ex who still really likes me and seeing him again...

View more questions Search