Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drumer5289 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 07:44 PM
    I need tips on Jr. High
    I am really scared about Jr. High and I need tps fast. I don't think I am ready to start Jr. High :confused:
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:49 PM

What is it that your exactly scared of?

The people?
    There are going to be many people like you-- nervous. The best thing to do is to be confident, even if you don't feel it just do it. You don't want to be cooped up on your own and end up lonely. Be yourself. I was nervous on my first day of High School [I don't have JR. High here in Canada] and well it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be ;)

The schoolwork?
    It really depends on what classes you are taking, but chances are that the teacher is going to just give you the run-through on what the class is about, maybe even give you a little bit of homework like "read chapter 1" or "fill out this questionnaire about yourself" -- easy stuff ;)

--Is there anything else that is bothering you about starting school?

I know it's easier said then done but "Relax".

You'll be okay-- you'll look back on this day and wish you were there again [I know so].

Sarah
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

Jul 24, 2009, 07:49 PM

This is just a next step. When your done with JR High you'll go on to High School. You will probably feel unready to go, but not as unready as now. When you go to college, the same unreadiness, again, decreased uneasiness about being unready.

If you can listen, speak, read and write you are ready for Jr. High. Don't stress it. This is a short time of your life. Enjoy it. Learn all you can.
    drumer5289 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    What is it that your exactly scared of?

The people?
    There are going to be many people like you-- nervous. The best thing to do is to be confident, even if you don't feel it just do it. You don't want to be cooped up on your own and end up lonely. Be yourself. I was nervous on my first day of High School [I don't have JR. High here in Canada] and well it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be ;)

The schoolwork?
    It really depends on what classes you are taking, but chances are that the teacher is going to just give you the run-through on what the class is about, maybe even give you a little bit of homework like "read chapter 1" or "fill out this questionnaire about yourself" -- easy stuff ;)

--Is there anything else that is bothering you about starting school?

I know it's easier said then done but "Relax".

You'll be okay-- you'll look back on this day and wish you were there again [I know so].

Sarah
    I am scared of the drama and getting lost. The only person I will know there is my big brother who won't talk to me
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drumer5289 View Post
    I am scared of the drama and getting lost. The only person I will know there is my big brother who wont talk 2 me
    It's your choice whether to be involved in "drama" or not. In my opinion "drama" is overrated. Drama also usually starts when you hang with the wrong crowds or you start lying. Don't lie to make yourself seem cooler- be yourself. Unfortunately many people make this mistake during the first semester, it's in effort to try to impress and well sometimes you get caught- thus the drama begins.

I got lost many times in High School- a bunch. All you have to do is ask a teacher or another student; I even made friends this way. Another thing you can do is ask your guidance councilor or the school secretary for a map of the school- I taped mine on the front of my binder.

Relax. It'll be okay- I promise. Talk to people. If you find yourself alone at lunch go sit down with a group of people and introduce yourself- it sounds scary but chances are those people may end up being your best buds.

I'm also sorry your brother won't talk to you but hey that's a sibling thing-- he doesn't want his kid brother to be following him around [to him it's embarrassing]. Plus you don't want to be dependent of your brother.

Be positive.

Sarah
    JstJessica Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 06:18 PM

Im also going to Jr High
    &&& I am very nerous too because I just moved all the way from California to chicago
    But you should be yourself
    What I'm doing is to find the people who are lonely & get to know them[[[& so on]]]
    That's what I am doing... I don't know if its good with you
    jvvineyard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 02:36 PM
    I'm going into Jr. High too so I'm also looking for answers. I've heard all about the Drama from older friends but I wouldn't be worried. I've also heard just to be confident, and make friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to know the nam of this song emerg its off high school high [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this song isn't on the soundtrack I went through all of them. The song starts when there about to do the chicky run. If you know it please tell me

Starting High School Tips [ 15 Answers ]

Hi , I'm 14 n next year I will be going to high school I'm just wondering if there is any tips or anything real important I should know about

I need tips on Junior High [ 10 Answers ]

:confused::confused::confused:HELP ME!! I need tips for Jr. High. I start in August but I still want to be prepared... Please help me!

High Sex Drive, High Fear of Intercourse [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female battling sexual demons from a past relationship. I am now with a compassionate and empathetic boyfriend but I still can't jump the hurdle from my previous experiences. He knows what has happened to me and it doesn't phase him, he just wants me to take it easy and grow...

High School Tips [ 2 Answers ]

Elementary school, I barely passed, And I want a new start For High school, I want to be organized, and prepeared, and I need any and all high School Tips! Anything is Greatly Appreciated!! :D

View more questions Search