Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 10:54 PM

I love spiders. Think about it, they're cool. They spin silk out of their arses, who else can do that?

Also, 8 legs, that's awesome.

Got a response from my friend. Sadly he's in Arizona collecting bugs right now so doesn't have all his equipment on hand.

His response;

Well, it's a boy - I can tell you that much. It might be a grass spider, wolf spider or even a fishing spider. It's not dangerous. you'll be okay. I'm collecting bugs in Arizona. I'll call you when I'm back.

In other words, it's totally safe to move him, find him a new home. :)
    MAD King Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    In other words, it's totally safe to move him, find him a new home. :)
    Thank you. I will ask my neighbour if he would move it :o

Is it true: I heard that if you move spiders they will come back to the place you moved them from?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
    Thank you. I will ask my neighbour if he would move it :o

Is it true: I heard that if you move spiders they will come back to the place you moved them from?
    WE do it all the time. I couldn't say either way. But I know that they don't come RIGHT back. They're really smart like Catsmine says, they get discouraged, and make a web somewhere else. We try to live in "harmony"( within reason ) with all the critters around us. Sometimes we have to kill the ones that pose a threat to our kids, but even them we relocate sometimes. Black widows are on the kill list because there are so many of them. And they are prolific egg layers. Good luck to you. Let us know if your spider returns home.

I found out, through this site, that flying squirrels will return "home" to where they were plucked. Up to 20 miles. The professionals recommend taking them across a RIVER, to prevent them returning. That was our problem, we had dozens of them in our eave. Someone on the other side of the river is cussing me now.

Jul 26, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    I found out, through this site, that flying squirrels will return "home" ...
    I first thought you were kidding me, but after I looked it up on google: Holy cow, there are really flying squirrels. I have never seen or heard of it. WOW. Nice animals.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
    I first thought you were kidding me, but after I looked it up on google: Holy cow, there are really flying squirrels. I have never seen or heard of it. WOW. Nice animals.
    Yea, at first they were nice, my wife and I thought it was cool having such amazing creatures living amongst us. But THEN, they multiplied, and mulitiplied, and... 10 years later. And here we are with the scatching clawing, bumping, not to mention the CHEWING. Well all is well, they've been successfully evicted, and there's peace again... well not really peace, I still have two young sons that are driving me crazy right now. You see, my wife is a flight attendant, and spends every weekend overseas, so it's us three, trying not to tear the house up. They do more damage than the squirrels. But, I'm keeping THEM.

Jul 26, 2009, 09:07 AM

You are funny. Lol
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Yea, at first they were nice, my wife and I thought it was cool having such amazing creatures living amongst us. But THEN, they multiplied, and mulitiplied, and... 10 years later. And here we are with the scatching clawing, bumping, not to mention the CHEWING. Well all is well, they've been successfully evicted, and there's peace again... well not really peace, I still have two young sons that are driving me crazy right now. You see, my wife is a flight attendant, and spends every weekend overseas, so it's us three, trying not to tear the house up. They do more damage than the squirrels. But, I'm keeping THEM.
    LMAO! Love it.

Squirrels can be a nuisance. My friend had squirrels in her yard, the darn things ate their pool lining, $5000 to replace it.

They tried to evict too but they kept coming back.

They finally gave up, filled in the pool, put up a bird feeder and are now living together in relative peace and quiet.

Friends - 0
    Squirrels - 1

:)
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
    I love spiders. Think about it, they're cool. They spin silk out of their arses, who else can do that?

Also, 8 legs, that's awesome.
    Well, I can fling snot from my nose, if I ever had the desire to. HA, spider!
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    Well, I can fling snot from my nose, if I ever had the desire to. HA, spider!
    Wow, that's handy to know. How much does something like THAT pay. I'll bet my kids will give you a quarter for a picture of you actually doing it.

Jul 26, 2009, 11:04 AM

I know. I'm obviously more prepared to handle situations than a SPIDER. XD

Well, see, all you have to do is get a bad head cold (sinus infections work best) and let the snot accumulate until it's about to come out of your nose, and then turn your head really fast.

It will fling out. >:3

I accidentally did it once to my dad when I was younger, that's how I know about it. I haven't done it recently... I promise...

<.<

>.>
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    I know. I'm obviously more prepared to handle situations than a SPIDER. xD

Well, see, all you have to do is get a bad head cold (sinus infections work best) and let the snot accumulate until it's about to come out of your nose, and then turn your head really fast.

It will fling out. >:3

I accidentally did it once to my dad when I was younger, that's how I know about it. I haven't done it recently...I promise....

<.<

>.>
    Yea, sure you haven't. It's probably on your resume as special skills.
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 11:14 AM

I can shoot milk from my nose at least 3 feet.

Don't ask how I know. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 11:31 AM
    I can shoot milk from my nose at least 3 feet.

Don't ask how I know. ;)
    Don't tell me, you were drinking milk right when you saw torrid's nose trick and...
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 11:33 AM
    I can turn a hundred dollar bill into a handful of change, at Bass Pro Shops... in a matter of seconds.

Jul 26, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Yea, sure you haven't. It's probably on your resume as special skills.
    I've been caught.

Yes, it IS under the "special skills" section, right under whistling and sounding like Cartman from South Park.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 12:32 PM
    I hope my two boys find a mate with your thinking, a love of the great outdoors. I think it's such a shame to miss all the wonderful things that are OUTSIDE the house. Mother nature is my girlfriend, I try to see her every chance I get. My wife comes along too.
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 12:49 PM

Sadly I have to be the voice of reason here everyone.

We're hijacking the thread, my specialty. Back on topic or we'll get into trouble.

I hate being the voice of reason. It's so not me. ;)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 02:39 AM
    MadKing, do you have any other questions? That actually pertain to your spider?
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 02:54 AM
    Sorry about the rambling on. I was influenced, I'm not naming names.

As far as spiders go, I've found that the best way to get rid of Black Widows is to kill all the ones you see. You would have to actually contaminate your property with chemicals to deter them, as I understand from researching. I hate to kill anything that I don't eat , but they're too much of a threat to my children. Madking, Do you have a phobia of spiders? As you seem reluctant to touch one. Most people I know are. As a surveyor, you're walking through the woods, walk through a web you don't see, just as your getting the web out of eyelashes, you feel the webMAKER crawling on the back of your neck... You gently remove it and walk on, through another web...

Good luck on the spiders at your house.

Jul 27, 2009, 07:13 AM

jmjoseph, Yes I do have a phobia of spiders. I do not use chemicals. I think what kills insects and other animals can kill jumas too. So I'll take the water hose.

Catsmine I do not have further questions.

Thank you all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What spider is this? [ 8 Answers ]

3913 Hello. I recently discovered this spider (dead) in my bathroom. I live in the UK, but have never seen this spider before, nor has anyone I have shown it too. Though the picture does not show it very well, the spider is bristling with black hairs over its legs and is about the size of a...

Spider? What it is? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Im in the southwest of the UK found this spider on the fence outside my back door and accidentally painted it LOL so the legs stuck on the fence, really creepy looking and just wondered if anyone knows what it is as I've never seen one before.. please note its not red its black LOL ...

Pet Spider [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: my parents found a tarantula and want to take care of it. Any ideas:confused:

What spider is this? [ 3 Answers ]

Stpped right in front of me wihle cooking... can't seem to figue out what kind it is... anyone know///? http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4108/dscn7292sg6.jpg

View more questions Search