Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jul 24, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Might have a trojan but AVG won't find it.pop-ups, slow computer
    I think I might have a virus from downloading some torrents. I use AVG Free 8.5 and it did pop up a warning that it found a virus, and I did heal it (fix it). I rescan by whole comp and everything, even with all that, my computer suspiciously runs slower and pop ups. I use Firefox 99.99% of the time, and uses pop up blocker for it. For some reason, all the pop ups are in Internet Explorer, it happens every like 4 minutes. Pop ups about anti virus, and other junk.

Scanned my comp again and again with AVG, and even scanned it a few times using Window defender... but it just doesn't find anything.

Worries the heck out of me because I had bad experience with virus. My uncle got attacked by some and his comp ever since was just a lump of iron and steel!

I will only use free antivirus, so if you're going to suggest some, please make sure it's free. Thanks!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 06:33 PM

What is the exact message that keeps popping up?
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 26, 2009, 09:14 PM

Never use AVG free! It does not detect Rootkits
    Avira free or Avast free are excellent choices. I recommend you run a scan with either one in safe mode.
    AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows 7, Vista and XP
    jovf1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Same problem with paid avg even with rootkit scan no infections.. suspicious...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My computer so slow [ 8 Answers ]

Hello people. I have problem with my PC and it is a common problem which may face many Anyway I have windows VISTA install in my computer and it is soooo slow I have 1 GB memory So what are the procdure that I can do to over come this problem And thank you

Computer getting slow down [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, The performance of my windows XP is very slow. But if I disconnect my computer from the network it becoming very fast. This is happening with almost all computers. I am sure there is no any virus or any other threats. Is this happeining because of network broadcasting or any...

Trojan - COmputer won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trojan, and I was using virus software to clean it, but the computer froze, and I had to reboot. Now windows will not boot. Is there a way to fix this?

Slow computer [ 8 Answers ]

What causes the computer to be so slow or sluggish in return responses? It seems like it takes forever to go from 1 website to another or between links within the site.

View more questions Search