Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superscullgirl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 05:29 PM
    Long distance relationship
    I recently got asked out by a boy that I like . I know him from my camp, he was my neighbor but my family sold my trailer and he lives about an hour away from me. He is really sensitive and I don't know what to do. I will rarely get to see him and we would only be able to speak to each other via text, myspace and deviant art. He is 14 and I am turning 13 in March, My mom doesn't want us to be more than friends. I don't know what to do! Please help me! Post your answer!

Kaylee:confused:
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 24, 2009, 05:32 PM

You already know that you won't get to see him and only communicate with him only through text. You're 13, so you don't have the resources to really up and go see him when you want to.

I think your mom is right: it would be better to keep this just as friends. It's hard, but know you still have a lot of growing up to do, and a lot of other boys that you'll meet, too.

Cheer up! Life awaits!

Jul 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    You already know that you won't get to see him and only communicate with him only through text. You're 13, so you don't have the resources to really up and go see him when you want to.

I think your mom is right: it would be better to keep this just as friends. It's hard, but know you still have a lot of growing up to do, and a lot of other boys that you'll meet, too.

Cheer up! Life awaits!
    I can't. He will like kill himself if I break up with him!

Jul 24, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superscullgirl View Post
    I can't. He will like kill himself if I break up with him!
    You can't make yourself responsible for his stupidity. If he hurts himself, that's on him, not you, and you shouldn't let him guilt trip you into doing something that isn't in your best interest.

This is how I see it. You can either:

A.)Break up now and start healing right away

Or

B.)Drag out a unproductive/unfullfilling relationgship that hurt both of you for an extended amount of time and deal with a messy break up.

Jul 24, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    You can't make yourself responsible for his stupidity. If he hurts himself, that's on him, not you, and you shouldn't let him guilt trip you into doing something that isn't in your best interest.

This is how I see it. You can either:

A.)Break up now and start healing right away

or

B.)Drag out a unproductive/unfullfilling relationgship that hurt both of you for an extended amount of time and deal with a messy break up.
    I can't let that happen to him, I care about him deeply and He keeps saying how we will last forever.

Jul 24, 2009, 06:33 PM

Do you really want to date someone who automatically turns to suicide as an answer to a problem?

Seriously. That shows an incredible amount of immaturity. Suicide doesn't fix anything.

Also, you're 13 years old. I can tell you right now that this relationship is not going to last forever. It sucks to hear, I know, but you two will grow up and go separate ways. It's just a part of life. It even happens when you're older.

You're too young to know what it takes to maintain a working relationship. Some older people still don't.

Like I said before: you can end it now, or let it cause you inconvenience, trust issues, and lack of physical communication with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 06:47 PM

I was going to say enjoy being text buddies, but if he has to keep your attention, by threatening to harm himself if leave him alone, then he isn't wrapped to tight, and is using your feelings to keep you. That's not friendly, or the sign of a really good friend.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:54 PM
    He could be manipulative, controlling, and maybe paranoid.
    Either way, it is not good for you.
    Get away from him. Get away from him NOW. The age isn't that big of a deal (unless it's like a "He'll be 15 before I'm 13" thing) but at you age you should really be dating within your year.

Quit worrying about boys and have fun while you can.

Also, I know from experience, long distance relationships NEVER work at your age.
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Jul 25, 2009, 12:03 AM

Wow! What are kids thinking these days? I can't live without you I will kill myself at 14 years old!!
    Relationship problems:
    1.You two are too young to worry about a serious relationship.

2. The long distance is too hard for a 12 (going on 13 in 8 months?) and a 14 year old to handle.

3. He is already talking SUICIDE!! HELLO!! There's your red light sweetie.

4. Be young, live life, don't worry so much.

Yes he does care for you, but think about it he is 14 years old, he also cares about baseball, basketball, and sports cars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long Distance Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I are about 2100 miles away!! :( It's 2 months until I see him again, and its been 3months since I've seen him. Has anyone ever been in a long distance relationship or is in one? Write your stories here:)

Long distance relationship? [ 45 Answers ]

Do long distance relationships ever work. We both really love each other. We met over the internet and ave only met once so far vut he's coming again next week. But after that I won't see him for ages. The problem is I miss him everyday and its hard not seeing him. I know he wants to give it ago...

Long distance relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 7 years now ever since high school and in the last couple of weeks Ive noticed that things aren't quite the way they used to be. She had just finished her uni course at the beginning of the year and has moved 3hours away. 2 weeks ago she...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys :) guess this can also be just as fun as keeping a relationship alive I know you can't really keep anything because nothing is really yours. And lala and the more you pull the more you push away balh stuff :) I know the mottos What id like is some advice please. Anyone around...

Long distance relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been with a girl for 5 months I live in england she lives in Florida we talk everyday and I really love her she loves me I think she is too controlling cause when it comes to hanging up the phone she what's to hang up the phone all the time I tell her everything about me I tell her what I...

View more questions Search