Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bulldogs64913 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Account closed and then you receive a social security reclamation
    You have closed your checking account and the bank sends you a reclamation of social security afterwards, who is responsible?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 01:39 PM

You are - you got the advantage of the money.

Who do you think should repay SS? The Bank which simply held it for you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove a lien on a social security checking account [ 16 Answers ]

A collection company has placed a lien,frozen my account, on a checking account that has my Social Security direct deposit in it. Last month I made an additional $300 cash deposit into this account. Because of that can they put a lien on the Sociel Security money. How can I remove this lien?

Social Security Garnishment and bank account [ 2 Answers ]

A Judgment/Transcript Civil Case This Judgment is to Notify You That: Default Judgment PLTF Date of Judgment 1/26/09Judgment was enter against myself and separately my wife for over two thousand dollars Two questions based on the following Court Ruling located in our web search. ...

My sons father is receiving disability from social security can my son receive [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father is receiving disability from social security and supplemental income can my son receive a portion of this since his father is not paying child support ?

Freezing a social security disability checking account [ 3 Answers ]

In December of 2006 I suffered heart failure and was sent to 3 different hospitals. I was out of work (part time at minimum wage) for a few months, so I tried every avenue, medicaid, hospital charity programs, etc. to pay the bills that eventually lead up to $125,000 plus, but was denied. My...

Joint account with husband social security+salary deposit of both [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate anybody's help on my question. I recently started working as a consultant.My husband has an account and we are planning to make it joint account and we both can deposit our salary's in it.The account is in my husband social security no. My question is once it get joint...

View more questions Search