Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdecker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Removing Hardibacker
    I am removing some tile and installing a wood floor. The tile is on hardibacker which is screwed and mortered to a plywood subfloor. What is the best tool and method to remove the hardibacker?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Oct 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
    If you can get all the tile off and then unscrew it, try using a flat bar and hammer to pry up the hardi board. If that doenst work a roofing shovel should to the trick. This is a spade shovel with a welded pivot on the back of it to give leverage.
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Oct 19, 2006, 08:53 PM
    The best tool/method to use to remove the hardibacker is your phone. Start calling the neighbors, school, etc and see if they know of any young athletes are in need of exercise.

The second best tool to use is your checkbook.

Dan

P.S. if you go with the first option, make sure that your wife/daugher are not around when these young men start to work up a sweat and then proceed to remove their shirts.

<GRIN>!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Yahoo [ 6 Answers ]

How do I remove Yahoo with BT Communicator. I removed it from the Add/Remove programmes,but every time I open the computer it keeps coming up on my desktop. I have tried various ways,but all to no avail. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Removing wallpaper [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought my house.we are slowly remodeling the all the rooms.one room has wallpaper.it looks really old.I have no idea how I should remove it.a friend told me I could use fabric softern mix with water.is this true?I pull at the wallpaper there seems to be no other layers of wallpaper.any...

Removing this... Checking here before I do... [ 7 Answers ]

Virs scanner says that "vpnpoatq" is a virus but can't remove it manually or ny the virus scanner and sybot don't see it as spyware. I did a check on Google and other searches but came up with nothing Anyone know what "vpnpoatq" is and how I can get rid of it if possible? Thanks

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

Removing xp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remove xp and install me back on my system for a couple months, how do I go about it Thanks

View more questions Search