Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnlworkouts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Will my children receive SSD backpay from their father's disability?
    I was wondering when my 2 sons are approved for disability benefits (SSD) on behalf of their father, will the backpay they receive start from the date that I applied for them, or will it go retro from the time HE applied or was found disabled.

Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 03:26 PM

It will start from the date you applied for the children, not when he applied for disability.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:01 AM

It will go back retro to the time that you applied for them.
    jnlworkouts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Thanks for your replies, but I've also heard now from 2 different people that their children have received backpay to the date of their parents onset. It seems as though because the children are entitled to benefits at the same time the parent becomes disabled, not at the time of the child's application. I'm going to call SS and see if I can find out first hand.

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find father's illegitimate children? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents have both passed away recently. There has been enough anecdotal evidence to conclude that my father had another child with an unknown mistress many years ago. Does anyone know how to go about looking for this person. All I have to go on is my father's name (which might not even be...

Can children receive disability under father's record? [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Jamie and I have a question: I have a 3 year old and her father gets disability and I was wondering can she also receive a check right along with him? :confused:

Missing backpay ss disability for children [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My husband was disabled, and committed suicide after all. We had a disability claim, and local judge granted the back pay after my husband's death. At first, social security clerk told me that kids are entitled to receive some money, too. However, social security sent the check only for...

View more questions Search