Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmcampbell1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 06:33 AM
    How to word resignation with signed contract
    I interviewed in spring for a new position and didn't get it, so I signed my contract. (We do yearly). Now, there is another position open and I will interview at the last minute. We start school in 3 weeks. Just wondering how to word a resignation. Thanks.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 02:57 PM

Are you sure you can terminate your contract? Make sure you contact your union first.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 03:03 PM

First of course don't do anything until you have a new contract for sure with the new company.

Next is it that much better to be worth changing ? What is it about the old place that is making you look.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 03:13 PM

Hold your horses and slow down. Boards of ed usually meet once a month and your resignation or a new contract may not be approved in 3 weeks. Your old district could force you to ulfill your contract until a replacement is found, think the new district is willing to wait that long, think again. Wait until you bet an offer from a new district and then we can talk about what to say to your Supt.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcampbell1 View Post
    I interviewed in spring for a new position and didn't get it, so I signed my contract. (We do yearly). Now, there is another position open and I will interview at the last minute. We start school in 3 weeks. Just wondering how to word a resignation. Thanks.
    Are you considering changing districts or just schools within the same district? These are two different situations.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 07:51 AM

Resignations are not part of an intra district transfer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

Signed contract for flat... [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a contract for rental on a flat to start in July. The deposit was paid in February, Yesterday we contacted the landlord, he told us that the property was under new management which meant we no longer have the flat. Is there anything we can do? - We have a copy of the contract signed by...

Contract signed by someone else but in my name. Binding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My mother took out a gym membership in my name as a Christmas gift. The contract is filled out in my name but signed by by mother. My mother has paid 11 months of the contract, but accidentally cancelled the direct debit one month early. The contract was completed and signed by my mother...

Changes to a contract after it is signed [ 4 Answers ]

I emailed a friend an executed copy of a legal agreement. I explined to here that I reserved the right to make changes to exhibit A & B. she signed the signature page of the contract and faxed it back to me. However, about a week later she emailed me and stated she will no longer negotiate and...

Lease contract not signed by all residents [ 2 Answers ]

Is a Texas Apartment Association (TAA) binding if all parties on the lease have not signed the contract?

View more questions Search