Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bagchip Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 01:51 PM

I think that I have a long way to go! I shall be out of town for three days. I spent most of the day getting things done before I leave and doing various odds and ends. I shall have to get back to you for more suggestions when I come back.

I think you are right that the hot water supply is probably clogged! Right now, I do not know how to dismantle the hot water supply!

Thanks and I shall get back soon!

Aug 4, 2009, 08:27 AM

Milo I am back to the Shower Valve!

The Hot / Cold supply are indeed crudded up. I took the control screws out and sprayed some diluted vinegar solution in the two holes and left them to clean. I think to do a better cleaning job, I need to get inside the supply holes.

There seems to be four philips screws around the main mixing valve stem. Do I need to take them out to get into the supply valve holes? The Mixing valve parts are now all well cleaned and nicely fits back in the valve stem.

Aug 4, 2009, 03:25 PM

Milo, I have got it sort of working OK now. Wish I could have cleaned the H and C water supply valve by taking them out, but I just flushed them as well I could.

Thanks for all your good help.

Grohe Gromix 34 434

Here are some info that I got from Gorhe that I think would be useful to you and other readers!

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dch4vg...tr=EmailImport

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid...tion%2Fpdf

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid...lication%2Fpdf
    sky_tech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Your problem is indeed in the stops. I have three of these valves and have cleaned them about every 5-10 yrs or so. I just finished one this evening and can assist you. Busy now, but I'll try to remember to come back and post more. For now, you want to remove that plate held by the 4 phillips screws and the two slotted cover/plugs over the stops. Then use a deep socket (I forget the size) to remove the two stops. (Turn off the shutoffs first). You will then see that the stops have a fine screnn that gets crudded up. Soak the stops in vinegar for 1+ hr (I used heated white vinigar) and clean carefully with a brush. Replace and celebrate.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2010, 08:31 PM

Hello Sky_ tech you responded to an old post, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper shower pan install utilizing exsting basement shower drain [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling a basement bathroom. I demo'd the shower and its tile to reveal rotted framing. I believe this is due to an improper or (more likely) not existent shower pan -- there was no water proof membrane between the tile/thinset and the framing. Can I build a proper shower pan...

Correct pvc shower drain for sterling #62040100 60" seated shower receptor [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone installed a sterling 60" seated shower receptor with wall surrounds on a concrete slab. The new unit did not come with a shower drain. there is a hole in the bottom That is 3-5/16" (8.4cm) and it calls for a drilled hole in slab oor foundation of 4-1/2" (11.4cm). the old drain line...

Build Shower Platform & Install Above Ground P-Trap in Basement Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site. I tried to find the answer in previous posts and did find some great info, but I still have some questions :) This is what I want to do: Install a corner shower with dimensions 36" in x 36" in the basement, build a platform, & add an above ground p-trap. ...

My shower drain is raised above the shower pan by 3/16" causing standing water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall where the bottom has either slumped or the stall was installed wrong to begin with (it has no support beneath the surface that I stand on). The drain sticks above the level line so I have about 3/16" of standing water. I cannot easily access the bottom from the...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

View more questions Search