Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahlavigne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Divorce in canada - not a canadian resident
    Hi,

Me and my wife have been in canada on a work visa for 1.5 years. I own a company here. We would like to get divorced and I would like to know if we would be recognized under canadian law or would we have to get divorced in the UK where we are from.

Thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 03:49 PM

Since your not a permanent resident in Canada then most likely your going to have to use UK for your divorce. Consult a barrister in your area for further clarification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian divorce if the other party is not a canadian citizen or iimigrant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a landed immigran here in Canada. Last year I went back to the Philippines to get married. For some reason, my wife, after we got married decided that she doesn't want to go with me to canada And decided that we should instead end our legal relationship. My question, can I file a...

Gettig a canadian citizenship while out of canada [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am a landed immigrant in Canada. In May 5,2009 I would have to apply for citizenship. In June this yr I should leave Canada going back to my country, in Europe. However, I still want the citizenship even though I don't plan to comeback in Canada. Does anyone knows if I can still get it? And...

American daughter to marry Canadian in Canada [ 2 Answers ]

My 21 yr old US daughter has been living with her fiancé in Ottawa for a year now. They want to marry there. What does she need to do? She has read immigration law but is very confused. Also, she doesn't want a church wedding. She wants the equivalent of an American " justice of the peace in...

Paying a Canadian citizen for sales in Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to hire a Canadian sales rep to sell my product in Canada. Is that possible? How do I handle the taxes? We don't pay State Taxes in NH. Can I pay his salary in US and leave it up to him to handle his own taxes? How do handle his benefits? Please advise

Canadian entering Canada with Felony charges [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a relative who is a canadian citizen and holds permanent residency from states. She has been charged with one count of felony and has fled to mexico. She wants to know can she return to Canada... will they arrest her at the airport? Thx in advance for your input.

View more questions Search