Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybug123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Does the egg always implant?
    Here's little bit more confusing question. After the egg has been fertilized, does it always implant in the mucus lining? Or is there any way or anything that can happen that could hinder this?

I have been reading up on this, and am really getting to know how the woman's cycle and pregnancy works from a biological view point. But I can't find any reference to weather the egg always implants or not.

I am asking because I'm sure I'm pregnant (as per other posts) but haven't tested yet, since it's still a couple days from when I want to test. Just to make sure there is enough hCG hormon present. But I am concerned that my activity might be hazardous to the fertilized egg. Does running or more physical activity harm?

I just can't find any information on this.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 01:56 PM

As long as you are otherwise healthy,being active should not hinder the egg from attaching to the uterus.
    Of course there are always the cases that do not.
    Try not to stress,get plenty of sleep and eat healthy..
    Learning about your body at this time is good,however make sure your looking up credited sites,as not to get frightened by some of them.

Relax,and let nature take it course.

If you do have concerns,a call to your doctor should ease some of your worry.
    sarahwhorocks Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 08:15 PM

Having the egg implant depends on your level of progesterone. One of progesterone's most important functions is to cause the uterine lining to secrete special proteins during the second half of the menstrual cycle, preparing it to receive and nourish an implanted fertilized egg. If implantation does not occur, estrogen and progesterone levels drop, the lining breaks down and menstruation occurs.

Implantation usually occurs 6-10 days after conception, but sometimes, if the egg takes too long to reach the uterus, the progesterone levels can drop causing a menstrual cycle (usually resulting in the egg being flushed out.) If the egg is still farther up the fallopian tubes, then you could have an etopic pregnancy (very dangerous and must be terminated) or the egg will implant about the time your menstrual cycle stops.

Each time you have unprotected sex you only have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant and it is more common than you'd think for women to have fertilized eggs that never implant. Exercise is still very good for you whether you're pregnant or not. If you are, or you suspect you are, one of the only recommendations I've heard from a nurse practitioner (and I cross referenced this with webMD) is that you avoid exercises where you are on your back because it can increase your chances of miscarriage. I also would avoid strenuous core exercises because having muscles that are more tone will mean more pain when your abdomen begins to swell (muscles have to stretch and you'll have enough of that when your uterus stretches). Moderate cardio and light weight lifting is good and swimming is great (no stress at all on your core).

Jul 24, 2009, 07:56 AM

Thank you both. This really helped. I was just concerned cause I don't want to be the cause of anything happening. But with the way I've been feeling, I'm pretty sure everythign is going the way it should be. Can't wait to take the test.
    sarahwhorocks Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Also, don't go horseback riding. Sometimes the jarring sensation can be severe enough to cause an early implantation (first trimester) to rupture and miscarry.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 08:41 AM

No it doesn't always implant. Sometimes fertilized eggs will simply pass through as a period. Simply because it was fertalized too late in the cycle. It happens so often that most women don't know they are even fertalized eggs.

Jul 30, 2009, 10:27 AM

Thank you ladies!!
    hopinginslc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:36 PM
    If you have a fertilized egg but don't know if you are pregnant, your period isn't due, but are hoping to get pregnant, can riding rides at an amusement park hinder implantation?
    hopinginslc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:38 PM

AND, also, thanks ladybug123 for your question. I am really interested in this topic. Good luck to you!
    boogiesmommie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 09:54 PM
    I was pregnant last month and I tought it was weird I had a 35 day cycle and come to find out I was under sooo much stress last month my egg didn't implant
    conbryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 10:06 PM
    I was wandering the day the egg starts to implant do you count that as day 1 and the next day as day 2 until it fully implants or do you count the whole process as one from the time of conception until it fully implants I heard it takes 9dpo for it to fully implant
    sciencegirl14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Why does the egg not implantall the time? My teachers says it's a 50/50 chance that the egg will attach or not. Why wouldn't it stay attached? My teacher said once its attached it stays attached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implant Bleed? [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a brownish discharge on the 15 August 2008, my last normal period was on the 12 July 2008. I had done a pregnancy test on the 12 August and it was positive, even though I've had this discharge I am still positive for pregnancy, blood test done at hospital, what could this brownish...

Breast Implant [ 1 Answers ]

Breast Implants--Is thre a safe way to remove silicone from the body? [

Implant in my arm [ 5 Answers ]

After reading all the pregnancy questions it makes me worrie how good an implant that is put in your arm is. Has anyone got pregnant while having one of them in there arm? Is there much chance I could get pregnant or am I safe?

Am I pregnant on the implant [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm a new memba to the site and I am reli worried weather I am prenent I haVE HAD HEADACHES I've put on a lot ov weight I keep feeling sik And keep having stomach pains Do you think I may be pregnant Right back I'm so worried clare x

View more questions Search