Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 06:43 AM

I use a Progressive Electronics Locator, was under $200 when I bought years ago, Very Similar to this Greenlee:
    Greenlee Wire Finder/ Mini Locator 508S - eBay (item 350123069238 end time Aug-06-09 10:02:13 PDT)
    Great for locating wires, conduits with wires, the signal goes silent when directly over the wire, then do at about a 45 degree angle, move until silent(Null), where these 2 points are tells the depth. Many uses, locate breaks in Invisible fences.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 12:09 PM
    I can't wait to see where this box is.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 03:26 PM

I know it was mentioned, confirmed? About weather the Pool light goes directly to Switch box.
    Ever been opened?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Sorry no news yet Mr Strat, we will just need to be patient.
    buddywiser Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 07:03 PM
    No progress to report... I did call the original homeowner but he couldn't remember.

I can verify that it doesn't go all the way to the switch. I will look into one of those locator gadgets. None of you guys are close to Morgantown WV are you? lol

This may take a while, but I promise to let your know what I find:D
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:32 PM

Wish I was, love Problems.
    What is in the switch box?
    How do you know it doesn't go to switch box? different conductoers.
    I would turn power off, push fish tape down conduit(load side? Still don't know)and see the distance it travels, can give you an idea without a locator.

Jul 30, 2009, 05:09 AM
    And I wish I was in the keys! :-

The wires coming into and leaving the switch box are identical. The one in the pic is the one that heads to the light. I'm just saying that this isn't the light cord just by looking at it.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2009, 05:22 AM

Did you mention the wire/cable type at the light?

Jul 30, 2009, 06:24 AM
    I just know that these lights come with black cords. They come in 25, 50, and 100 ft. not sure how long this one was.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2009, 06:31 PM

Same thing I was thinking of, can't think of anything else, except look everywhere from straight out from the pool light around to where the switch is.
    Hey, you ever look under the Plant? I could see someone putting the junction there to keep the yard clear.
    Also check back side of wall, On wall.
    microbehunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 11:58 AM
    My box was under the diving board. Look inside the cover under the diving board.
    mars918 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2012, 10:55 PM
    Buddywiser, so where was the junction box for your pool light?
    poolgeek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 07:17 PM
    You can always try c02 or water into the conduit in the pool. You make a contraption that fits where the wire comes into the pool, turn it on and walk the yard until you see water or hear air. I do it with just a normal garden hose and nosel, and fit a stiff rubber hose over the nosel, stick it in and turn it on.
    poolgeek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 07:19 PM
    Oh wow, just realized this was posted in 2009
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poolgeek View Post
    You can always try c02 or water into the conduit in the pool. you make a contraption that fits where the wire comes into the pool, turn it on and walk the yard until you see water or hear air. I do it with just a normal garden hose and nosel, and fit a stiff rubber hose over the nosel, stick it in and turn it on.
    Post is over 1 year old.

May 8, 2015, 05:27 PM
    Nope, Still haven't found it. The bright side is the light is still working and haven't changed the bulb. 6 year, hee hee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I search & find a used pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a used pool that I have been hearing so much about, that people are wanting to get rid of and just want someone to come and take it down? I live in Chebanse, Illinois. About a hour south of Chicago, and a hour north of Champaign. Am willing to come and take pool down, doing research...

Can the junction box on a recessed light fixture be used for different circuits [ 2 Answers ]

I'm remodelling my kitchen and we have the ceiling open to add/move switches and outlets. We noticed that we have a junction box hidden in the ceiling (an obvious code violation). In order to eliminate the stand alone J-box, can I route the wiring through the J-box that is attached to the side of...

Swimming Pool Light [ 3 Answers ]

If I remove the swimming pool light, is it necessary to still ground the slide and the steps?

Can Light Junction connection limit [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing canlights in the basement and need a clarification on how many wires I can have in the junction box. It states max 8 no. 12 wire 4 in 4 out through branch circuit conductors. I am using no 12 does this mean I can have a total of 8 wires in the box. I am using it to run to a couple...

View more questions Search