Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magnus1136 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 08:17 AM
    12yearold needing a cheap and consuming hobby
    Hi
    I'm a twelve year old boy, who wants to have a hobby.
    I already have one, which is my aquarium(s)
    But that is not very time consuming?
    So what I need is another cheap, time consuming hobby that I can do for myself, and is fun.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 08:23 AM

Fishing, Running (track and what not), basketball, sports card collecting, bird watching (you did say cheap).

Jul 23, 2009, 08:27 AM

Well, it doesn't have to be free
    I doesn't live in UK or USA so I won't be able to play sports like baseball, american football and rugby, cause no one plays that here in Denmark:D
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 08:30 AM

Paint by numbers. I did large ones when I was 6 years old. Takes up lots of time.

Jul 23, 2009, 08:33 AM

It would also be nice if it was something that would be better and better more time I used doing it
    Like if you play piano a long time you get better at it
    Or being good at drawing, you can make some nice paintings
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 02:35 PM

Write.
    Write about you,your life,what its like being 12.
    Write about denmark.
    Write about hobbies for 12 year olds,research the idea.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jul 23, 2009, 11:58 PM

How about wood carving. You can try if with ivory soap first to see if you like it before you spend a lot of money. Start with the bar of ivory bar soap and ask mom for a small paring knife. Make sure she knows what your doing and she can see if you like it and maybe she can help at first. The soap carves
    Real easy, and it's easy to get hooked. I hope this interest you. I used to help 5th, graders get started like that. It's fun. Try making a book first, or maybe a boot, or duck. It's fun and make great presents. Good Luck.
    kris_12345 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 03:23 AM

Try taking up martial arts that's cheap and time consuming :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 11:10 PM
    Hi, magnus1136!

How about writing songs and learning how to play them on the piano? Those are two things that I can definitely help you with on this site.

Thanks!
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Aug 10, 2009, 11:20 PM

You could always pick up some sort of musical instrument like a guitar and learn to play it.

It really depends on what you are interested in. There are countless hobbies out there so why don't you tell us a little about yourself and what you like so we can come up with more tailored suggestions.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 11:38 PM

You could always make models.It is very time consuming and my boys liked to make model cars when they were younger.Or model ships.
    The kits are not very expensive.It is intense work and you do need patience but you will have a nice collection to show for it.
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 11, 2009, 12:05 AM

Start learning how to play an instrument, it is very time consuming! Read books, write stories, sing, paint/draw, play sports, write poems/lyrics, learn card tricks, learn 'magic' tricks! Play chess, play checkers? There is so many things you can do!

Aug 12, 2009, 08:24 AM

Well... I like animals, and I got some aquariums, but that doesn't take all my free time:d
    I just can't afford a musical instrument, and I'm not very creative when it comes to painting/writing
    I also play computer a lot, and I'm saving up for one myself but I won't get to have that before next spring either
    Something that could make me some money would be extremely nice,
    But I don't know what that should be
    I like fishing and I'm doing that a bit, but so far I only tried put and take and that's too expensive...
    But thanks for suggestions so far:D
    I love trying to breed my fish, maybe that could lead to something else?:O

Aug 12, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Oops

Aug 12, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Doubleposts
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Aug 12, 2009, 01:24 PM

Have you considered bird watching? I used to bird watch when I was younger and I personally enjoyed it.

On that same note if you got a cheap camera, maybe even second hand you could pick up photography and photograph local wildlife and such.

Its not really a hobby per say but you could do some volunteer work for your local humane society or shelter.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 12, 2009, 10:02 PM

Try this, you can get your friends and kids around the hood to do it too and charge them. I sold many of these this myself. I took old t-shirts and hung them on hanger and then throw paint at them. You can buy snazzy colors even glitter. You can charge them for the paints they use and do it outside. You have to water the paint down some what to make it fly better and use a paint brush or maybe twigs , paints brushes hold more paint they would be better. Heck you could used spary cans if you'd like. Regular craft paint works best, the ones in like 2 or 4 oz. bottles. They cost about a dollar each. Your friends could bring their own shirts, pants, sweat suits. When you get better at it you can use those rubber stamps. I sold many many of these for 10 dollars. Glow in the dark paint would be cool. Florsecent would be way cool. Do one for the whole family for x-mas. Hope I helped.
    frr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 12:46 AM

Why don't you try a out door hobbies like gardning, keeping pets, snap some natuer pictuers, go around and collect feathers, bird watching, bee keeping but with your dad or mom help. its very interesting.
    Thank you..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:15 AM
    Hi again, magnus1136!

I could keep you quite involved on this site with things that we might do. Please let me know, on this thread, if you're interested in knowing what things we might do and how we might proceed.

I do note, that you've already received some excellent suggestions for things that you can do.

Thanks!

Aug 15, 2009, 10:34 AM

I don't really understand you #19 but I would like to hear about it:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a Hobby [ 8 Answers ]

How can I find a hoby that suits me, Iam 64 years old ex Financial Manager in a multinational Svs. co. have never had a manual hobby, this what I am looking for, I am living in Egypt. May I hope of a reply, not expensive hobby as I am retired. ...

I need a hobby [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 14 and I really need a hobbie. I need one to help me get into university and all that. I'm not very sporty and I think it's too late for me to start learning how to play a musical insrument. Can you help me??

In need of a hobby, [ 8 Answers ]

OK so I'm seventeen, I have nothing to do when I get off work and when I'm not at school. I would really like to do something, I am really tired of being at home, all I do is think. I get depressed so a hobby would really help me. Help?

New cheap hobby [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, New to the site, like what I see so far. Just wondering if anyone here has got into building water rockets out of soda bottles?

About my hobby [ 4 Answers ]

Am trying to find a hobby. I have never really had any hobbies in my adult life and I am now trying to find one. I don't know how to even start. I am looking for any help on how to find something that interests me.

View more questions Search